[[ sixteen ]]

(a/n: random people, but pretend it's them xoxo)

liam and blair had hung out with me a little before they caught a flight back home, but now they were gone and all the routines went back to how they were.

tap, tap

tap, tap

hawk was poking my back with a pencil and every time i turned around to get him to stop he acted like he had no idea what i was talking about.

tap, tap

tap, tap

we still hadn't spoken much since everything that happened after the party, only asked each other school questions or things about cobra kai, but now he had fallen back into his old habits and wouldn't stop bothering me.

everytime i told him to stop i knew it's not really what i wanted.

"hawk, leave me alone," meant please just talk to me.

"why won't you stop bothering me," meant i love the little jokes you play because it means you want my attention.

it was now friday and the tensions were still rising between tory and sam and cobra kai and miyagi-do overall. i had hung out with demetri once this past week and he told me all about the training he had been getting from miyagi-do and how he was finally able to put up some defenses. i tried every once in a while to convince him to join cobra kai, but with all the hawk drama and what happened with kreese i knew it was a lost cause.

"skirt," i heard hawk whisper behind me, but i just ignored him. "skirt," he said again. "skirt," fed up with him, i turned around, rolling my eyes and looked at him.

"what?"

"moon's throwing a party this weekend, do you wanna come?"

(a/n: we're gonna pretend the party was just a normal party in the middle of the year so it's not related to the first day of school or anything)

"you're really asking me that after everything that happened at the last one?"

"i don't know, i thought it could be like... a do-over."

"are you gonna be there?"

"yeah of course," he said, smirking.

"then no, i don't want to come."

the bell rang and i gathered all my stuff to walk out. i wanted to walk with miguel, but he was busy talking to another group of people so i just walked out quickly trying to avoid hawk. i wasn't fast enough though and he wickly caught up to me and grabbed my arm.

"davina i think we should talk."

"well i think we shouldn't," i snapped back, trying to get my arm out of his grip, but failing.

"davina, please," he said with a pleading look in his eyes. finally i gave in and he pulled my arm, dragging me into a supply closet right outside of the class we had just left from.

i walked in and crossed my arms as hawk scurried around to find a light switch.

"this better be quick."

"what i said about that guy i- i didn't mean to make you feel like you were stupid for crying i just thought you deserved better than him and i didn't understand why you couldn't see that," he blurted out, awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

"i don't understand how you can be such a dick in one moment and then all sweet and caring the next."

"listen davina, i know i may suck sometimes, but i do care about you, a lot. i don't really know what to do about that so i just act like a douche most of the time cause that's just what everyone expects from me now."