[[ twenty two ]]

i was meeting up with hawk in about half an hour so i spent my spare time finishing up getting ready. jj was home so he agreed to drop me off in front of the carnival because he thought i was meeting up with a couple friends from school. i was wearing another simple black tank top, light wash blue jeans with chains dangling from the belt loops, a red bomber jacket, checkered vans, and a thick chain necklace.

jj dropped me off at the fair and i quickly spotted a nearby bench to sit on while i waited for hawk to get here

jj dropped me off at the fair and i quickly spotted a nearby bench to sit on while i waited for hawk to get here. i was looking down at my phone and then heard a familiar voice with a confused tone nearby.

"davina? you look-"

"badass?" i looked up at him and said confidently. i forgot he hadn't seen me since my "transformation" and it was funny to see how baffled he looked. "you like it?"

hawk stared at me, still a little shocked and then gently put his hand in my hair and brushed it, but i just pushed it aside and gave him a weird look. "i don't know what you think this is, but we're not together. i may not ignore you anymore, but this is nothing more than two people trying to forget about their pathetic miserable lives for a night."

"well then let's get to it," hawk said, surprisingly accepting of what i had said and made his way over to the ticket booth.

we got those passes that fairs have where you can have unlimited rides for the whole day and they gave us pink wristbands that practically cut off our circulations. once i got my wristband, i walked with hawk who wanted to grab some food first, but i latched onto his arm and dragged him to the nearest ride instead.

i excitedly ran into the line of a ride that seemed to be one of those wild mouse type things and hawk followed, but looked a little worried.

"um do we really have to start off with this one?"

"oh my god i don't believe it... the mighty and terrifying hawk is afraid of rollercoasters." i let out a huge laugh and he looked a little embarrassed.

"ok i'm not afraid i just, i've never been on one and i don't know it's kind of... tall," he gulped and looked up at the huge structure and the scarder he got the more amused it made me.