[[ twenty four ]]

*a couple of weeks later*

"you got this ok, just breathe," i patted miguel on the back as the two of us strutted into school together for the first time since his accident. everyone stopped and stared, but to my surprise we were met with more pleasant cheering than any negative welcomes.

before i knew it, hawk was making his way over to us in his usual cocky manner. him and miguel did their stupid little handshake and then hawk winked at me when miguel was looking in the other direction.

"we've missed you in class ya know," i said, nudging miguel's side a little bit.

"really? i assumed you'd be pretty preoccupied with hawk over here."

my face grew flush not sure if that was his normal response to us messing with each other or if he knew a little more, but i just laughed it off and tried not to act suspicious.

"that's exactly why we missed you miguel. one more week alone with this loser and i would've put myself in a coma," hawk chuckled and i awkwardly laughed along with him giving him eyes that said 'too soon', but it didn't seem like he even noticed.

"alright well sorry, but i'm gonna head to class early to figure out what's been going on. try not to kill each other while i'm gone k?"

"yeah man, you got it."

"no promises," i playfully rolled my eyes. as miguel started walking away hawk kissed me on the cheek before anyone could see and i blushed a little.

"so are we gonna tell him about us anytime soon?"

"i don't know eli, he's so used to us hating each other. it might be too weird for him."

"i understand you're scared davina, but it's miguel. i think the last person to be bothered by this would be our best friend. i don't want to hide my feelings for you skirt," hawk came closer to me and grabbed my hand, but i pulled away and the bell started to ring.

"we should probably just get to class."

"alright."

hawk and i walked side by side to our first period class, but didn't speak much. once we got there miguel was freaking out because demetri had broken his arm which i hadn't even heard about, but apparently two nights ago there was a huge fight at the arcade and no one left unscathed. i vividly remembered hawk begging me to come hang out with him and some of the cobra kai's, but after a lot of convincing we decided to stay in and watch a movie instead. i can only imagine what would've happened if we got tangled up in that mess.

that aside, i was surprised demetri hadn't told me. since hawk and i got together we've been hanging out a little less regularly, but nothing for him to just ignore the fact that he broke his arm. something strange was going on around here and i wanted to figure out what it was.

"oh wait davina, one more thing."

"yeah, what's up md?"

"can you hang out after school with demetri and i? we haven't done that in a while."

"yeah sure, i'll meet you outside the main entrance when my class is over."

"awesome! see you then!" miguel walked away with a big smile on his face, but i was still a little suspicious of the situation.

as the clock ticked and the hours passed by painfully slowly i was getting a little restless about hanging out with demetri and miguel later. i was always happy to see them, but i was worried they might have had a trick or two up their sleeves and now that hawk and i were dating i didn't know if it would be that easy to hide it when it was just me and them.