[[ four ]]

i told jj i was meeting up with miguel bright and early this morning to start training because i knew if i told him we were going to some sketchy junkyard looking place he'd freak out and go all protective mode on me. he had a super early shift that morning which worked in my favor, so he dropped me off at miguel's at 4:30am sharp. with just my luck though, miguel didn't have a car so he called hawk to pick us up and drive us to the location we were supposed to meet up with cobra kai.

i stayed silent in the back while miguel sat shotgun chatting with hawk the entire ride there. i scrolled through my phone liking posts on insta and texting back and forth a little with liam and his sister blair who didn't really get along, but they acted civil when talking with me especially now since i didn't get to see them in person anymore.

after about a 15 minute drive, we arrived to see basically all of the cobra kai students already there along with johnny and the old man from the other day. we stood in the front of the group and then once everyone had arrived sensei immediately started explaining that we were supposed to get into small groups and mix cement.

we all went off with our groups, and i wanted to just work with miguel, but hawk came with us, as usual. hawk and i started pouring cement into a large container and then miguel would stir it over and over again as we repeated the process.

after about an hour of this tiring process, we saw a large cement truck pull into the junkyard. johnny called us all away from our stations and started lecturing us.

"you think winning the all valley gives you the right to goof off? well i got news for you..." he continued to talk about how winning one tournament didn't even matter and that we had to always stay focused blah blah blah. when i zoned back into the conversation though, he was telling us that we had to get inside of the cement truck.

"sensei, we're sorry for messing around," aisha said, clearly afraid of what sensei was asking of us.

"we've learned our lesson," hawk added.

johnny responded by pulling down the ladder on the cement truck and pointing to it. "GET IN!" he shouted.

miguel continued to ask if this was even a safe thing to do, but was interrupted by the old man who had been lurking in the back listening to us the whole time. he started spewing stuff about how johnny is the reason we're all great and it turns out that he was johnny's sensei back in the 80s which made a lot more sense now on why he seemed to always be following us around. after a very long time he finally finished his long speech about us giving it our all and how johnny was the best student he'd ever had.

"can we trust this guy?" i whispered to miguel after he stopped talking. miguel didn't respond to me though, he just took a step forward with a grimace on his face.

"i'll do it sensei," he said and then hopped up onto the ladder leading to the cement truck.

hawk started following him, but then turned around to look at me. "you coming campbell?" he said in a flirty yet condescending tone.

"yeah sure, i wanna see that hair of yours get all messed up," i said with a smirk, getting in front of him and climbing up the ladder behind miguel.

no one else had come up so the three of us were left alone to get this truck turning. without hesitation, miguel started pushing against the wall with all his might. i wasn't quite sure it was the best strategy, but i had nothing to lose so i joined him. then hawk started doing the same and we all started grunting and groaning, pushing with everything we had in us to get this truck spinning.

as we were finally making progress i lost my footing and slipped banging my head on the back wall of the truck. miguel immediately rushed to my side, but hawk just stood there crossing his arms and laughing.