[[ nine ]]

i walked downstairs to be greeted by the sweet smell of maple syrup and burning bacon. i went to sit at the table and poured myself a glass of orange juice. my dad served me two heart shaped waffles lathered in butter with two strips of bacon on the side and i started gobbling it up. i didn't normally have enough time for breakfast in the morning, but today i had gotten up super early and had some time to kill before getting ready.

"morning davie," jj said, walking up behind my chair and messing up my hair which he knew aggravated me to no other end.

"morning douche clown," i replied back.

"language dav," my dad said and i held up my arms in surrender.

"so," jj said, mockingly raising his eyebrows in a flirtatious manner. "what's up with the mohawk guy?"

"what do you mean? he just needed a ride? he's a dick anyway."

"davie i saw the way he looked at you. i don't know what you've had to endure with him, but there's no way he doesn't have his eye on you."

"that's such a lie he's been nothing, but a jerk to me!"

"are you sure about that?" jj said and it made me think a little. i really didn't know the answer though. he was a dick and seemed to always make my life a living hell, but then there were the moments where he wasn't. he was sweet and after what happened at coyote creek i could see a side to him that was broken rather than just evil. he still couldn't manage to just leave me alone and stop being an asshole though and it drove me crazy. "ok well while you're contemplating all your life choices over there think about this. what are you gonna do for your birthday?" shit my birthday. it was three days away and i completely forgot. it would've been the first time i was celebrating without my old friends and i wasn't too excited, but i knew my parents always liked to go all out for me.

"oh i don't know, i haven't really thought about it," i said, shrugging my shoulders.

"what about inviting everyone from cobra kai over for a party?" my mom chimed in.

"aw yeah you should davie, i wanna meet all these karate friends you're making." jj added.

"i'm not gonna be allowed to say no am i?" i said, making everyone in my family laugh.

"it's up to you babe, just let us know what you want and we'll get it done," my mom added.

i smiled at everyone and then got ready for school. i threw on sweats for the day even though it was out of the normal, i just wanted to chill and forget about all the stuff with my birthday and missing my friends.

jj dropped me off at school and i met up with tory, miguel, mitch, a couple other cobra kais, and hawk

jj dropped me off at school and i met up with tory, miguel, mitch, a couple other cobra kais, and hawk. we were all standing around and talking and then i heard the familiar sound of harry styles coming through the speaker on my phone and answered. before i could connect my airpods to my phone i heard liam shouting on the other end.