[[ five ]]

after spending the day out in the boiling sun i got super sick and had to stay home for the rest of the week. i had terrible sun poisoning, and couldn't stop throwing up the entire next day. i probably could've gone back to school at the end of this week, but my dad wanted me to rest more. i had told them that miguel and i were just outside for a while and i didn't realize how hot is was making sure to avoid telling them what actually happened.

miguel and demetri texted and called me every once in a while to check up on me and tell me how things were going around the dojo and around school. to be honest it made me happy knowing how much they cared. they had a day at the beach and sent me tons of pictures and then there was some showcase they did at a festival that they told me all about, but i was so tired i hadn't really been listening. apparently it made a bunch of people angry though.

oh also i found out that there's this other dojo called miyagi-do that johnny's son trains at which was also pretty odd, but i just let it slide because i was too sick to care about any of it. today was tuesday now though and i was going back into school which wasn't exciting in the slightest, but i was just happy i'd get to see my friends again.

i was walking over to my locker when i was yanked into an empty classroom by demetri.

"um hello? i have to get to my locker class is in like 3 minutes!"

"davina listen to me, that kreese guy is bad news."

"well yeah he seems pretty weird and tough, but i mean i don't know much about him ye- wait, demetri! what happened to your nose?"'

"kreese happened! i walked into cobra kai minding my own business and then got sucker punched right here," he said pointing to the bandages he had placed on the bridge of his nose.

"oh my god dem i- is it broken? do you know why he hit you?"

"well it's not broken, but i mean look at me! it basically was! and i mean, i guess maybe i wasn't exactlyyy minding my own business, but this is assault! he should be in jail!"

"did you tell the others about this?"

"yeah, eli just laughed and miguel seemed kind of worried i guess, but not enough to help," demetri said, lowering his head pouting. it was a bit weird hearing him call hawk eli after he basically threatened me after i called him that, but that wasn't important right now.

"hey look at me, it'll heal eventually and for now i got your back ok? hawk's an asshole and miguel's just oblivious most of the time so don't worry about them."

"thanks davina," he said, wrapping his lanky arms around me for a big hug. i rested my head on his chest and it felt really comforting after i had been away from humans for about a week.

"you can call me something other than my full name ya know, i tend to prefer nicknames if you haven't noticed."

"i don't know, i like your full name. it's pretty," demetri said and he brushed a piece of hair out of my face as we separated from the hug. i stared into his eyes for a couple seconds, almost getting lost in them, but then snapped back into reality.

"simp," i giggled, walking away.

"shut up!" he said following me out of the classroom.

i quickly threw all my junk into my locker, only grabbing the things i needed for the next couple of classes and stuffed them into my backpack. i made it in just as the bell rang and sat in my chair out of breath.

"hey skirt, didn't think you were gonna show up," hawk said, looking me up and down.

i was wearing a white tennis skirt, a blue oversized nike hoodie with a collared shirt underneath, white nike socks, and some old cream platform sneakers i found in the back of my closet.