[[ ten ]]

i opened my eyes and saw hawk standing there with a gift box in his hands. he was handing it over to me, but i just stared at him a little, really confused.

"well are you gonna take it or what?"

"it's not gonna bite me is it?"

"just take the damn present," he said and i agreed. i grabbed the present from his hands and slowly started peeling off the wrapping paper. there was a pacsun box inside and i furrowed my eyebrows wondering what the hell he could've gotten me. i opened the box, flinching a bit, not completely certain it was safe, but then my eyes widened as i pulled out a dark blue and green plaid skirt from the box.

"i actually found out it was your birthday last week cause i saw a text you had from blair, i think her name was, when you were in my car and i was gonna wait for your birthday, but i figured since you were all pissed now was

"i actually found out it was your birthday last week cause i saw a text you had from blair, i think her name was, when you were in my car and i was gonna wait for your birthday, but i figured since you were all pissed now was... a good time," he said anxiously scratching his head," i don't know if it's your size or anything, but um i just thought ya know, you're skirt, and um... that's a skirt, it kind of uh-" i pulled him in for a hug which quickly stopped his rambling. he didn't expect it, so it took him a little while before he realized what was going on, but then i felt him wrap his arms around me as well and i smiled.

"i want to try it on!" i said and i stood up. i started to lower my sweatpants from my hips and hawk immediately started freaking out.

"um davina! hello? don't you want me to um- go or something?" he said, but i just laughed and continued undressing.

"why should i care? i don't know about you, but i'm mature here and you check me out all the time anyway so why does it matter if i have pants on while you're doing it or not?" he had his eyes closed by this point and it made me giggle a little.

"listen skirt, you may think i'm just some huge jackass who doesn't respect women, but i have at least some decency not to stare at you when you start stripping in the middle of your living room."

i started laughing harder and ran upstairs to grab a tshirt that matched well with the skirt. i threw on the t-shirt, but wasn't able to completely zip up the skirt no matter how hard i tried. "HAWK CAN YOU COME HERE?"

"YOU GOT CLOTHES ON THIS TIME?"

"SHUT UP JUST COME AND HELP ME!"

hawk walked up the stairs and into my room and i pointed to the zipper on my skirt. "i can't get it up can you?"

"you want me to uh-"

"oh come on just do it! what's your deal anyway?"

"fine, fine," he said and i lifted up the back of my shirt a little, giving him access to the zipper. he grabbed onto my waist with one hand and gently started pulling up the zipper with the other. his eyes were focused intently at the zipper as he struggled to jiggle it free, but eventually he managed to do it and pulled it up all the way. i could feel his hot breath on the back of my neck and it sent shivers down my spine.