Chapter Nine

NOT PROOFREAD

Camila

Things are going well, but also horribly wrong.

The week went by fast and production was going steady. Lauren and Catalina got the swing of things pretty fast, having not only the director completely excited to see how quick things were moving along, but the entire crew and producers impressed. There was even a giddy rumor going around that the movie might even be ahead of shooting schedule.

"Celeste," I looked up from my iPad to see Eloy coming my way, "I spoke with Catalina and she's completely sure about her boundaries for this scene." He told me while leaving against the of the living room set, "I'm glad we only had to make some light rewriting to the scene." He smiled while I looked back to see the crew getting everything set up.

"I still can't believe Lauren's completely okay with everything," I said still lost and thinking back to the night we'd gone out for ice cream.

It was a ruse to bring the both singers down and ask if they were completely okay with everything in the sex scene, Eloy being unbelievably sweet to get a jump ahead and rewriting the scene to make them the most comfortable. Catalina sat back and explained that her team had actually spoken to her about this, saying that they thought it'd be best to keep her in her underwear. Something about her image and how the media would absolutely destroy her. Eloy and I agreed that that would be okay and that it even fit the scene pretty well still since her character was on the shy side. When it came to Lauren she was just sitting there with a pursed lip and crossed arms, she seemed to really be thinking it over before she sat up and spoke about how her team had done the same with her. And that the conclusion in the meeting was that the ultimate decision was up to Lauren and Lauren only.

With an awkward laugh she started about how she was okay with everything but below the waist, to which she quickly added saying how her anatomy wouldn't exactly match with what I'd imagined for Cris.

There was no way I could tell her right then and there how Cris was literally imaged after her.

I remember Catalina's jaw drop before she questioned Lauren about being so comfortable with possibly showing everything. Lauren shrugged it off and said she already modeled in underwear, who cares about being naked now? Which just left both her and I taken back by her casualness to just being fully naked forever on film.

"I was thinking why didn't we just have Cris be intersex too?" Eloy asked me while I clutched my iPad to my chest, "Not to play the representation card, but you don't see a lot of intersex characters in media. We could ask Lauren again for her insight-maybe it'd help to know how it was to come out to everyone and how the response was. I wouldn't want to just go ahead with this and maybe throw her into something ugly."

I was shot back to the summer when Lauren's Calvin Klein campaign was launched. Everyone was shocked by the huge support, not that they expected it to bomb, butte expected to have more of a fight. There were some very close minded people who did stir the pot, but Lauren didn't give them any mind.

I think she was just...happy being able to stay with me and not do that PR stunt.

Looking past Eloy I was able to see Lauren with her costume ready and Catalina getting her makeup done. Lauren stood by and chatted with her as the make-up artist gave the pop star a natural glowing look. They looked lost in each other the whole time. Catalina didn't even seem to care about the makeup being applied or her hair being fixed, then again she's probably use to it. I admired the way the costume design department were on the nose about their outfits. Catalina sporting a white cami with lace accents, a yellow thin cardigan, some light straight blue  jeans that ended above her ankles, and some white tennis shoes. Her hair straightened out and now falling over her shoulders.