Chapter Four

Lauren

How is it that there's so much I'm feeling but I can't put it into a fucking song?

"I don't have anything," I told Roger over the phone as I looked over my electric guitar resting in it's case, "I'm sorry." Telling him completely genuine that I couldn't come up with anything in my tour bus.

"It's okay you don't have to worry about that," I could hear that he meant it before continuing, "There's no rush."

"Feels like there is," I told him sitting back against the couch, "That's cause I put out the self titled album because of this tour." With a roll of my eyes I tried to forget about how the label basically shoved me into a studio to try get a third album out. I only had a few songs but they'd insisted I needed to put something else out in order to really put on a great show. When really they just wanted more money. I knew that the second they put me in a writers room with a bunch of other musicians and producers. The other half of my album coming from those sessions.

Roger tried to help me convince them that it would've been too much work already. Since the release from my albums being so close to each other already that it was enough, but once the talk of touring with Catalina came up I realized why they wanted it out so badly. They even held back on the release of the music video for Angel. Which I was a little annoyed about since I would've liked it to be mentioned at least at that years MTV awards.

"I saw Catalina's tour vlog," his brows furrowed as his smile dropped, "Thank you for following the script."

I hummed as I noticed the necklace I'd left on the booth where I had my breakfast and dinners, "If I didn't Rachel would've leaked something to TMZ." Mumbling it out as I stood up and brought the phone with me as I grabbed the little velvet band.

Roger sighed, "Lauren. I've told you we looked into that and we were told it was from some random person who caught you guys out downtown."

That next morning after Rachel caught me with a joint in hand at Catalina's Miami home, we'd both decided to go out to breakfast. Taking a car out to a nice restaurant with a patio setting to enjoy the nice day. Us thinking we'd done well when we didn't spot any paparazzi near us the entire time. Until Rachel popped up. Coming up to our table with a to-go plate and that damn smile. Saying how she was just picking up before she went back to her office, saying how happy she was to see us enjoying ourselves.

Right after that TMZ caught us on the way out asking if we were officially trying things out. Catalina had been bummed out after believing we'd have a good day without all that, but she never speculated her manager. When I knew that's who it was that called them.

I hummed once again as I traced my thumb over the moon pendant, "The last song I wrote was Don't Say You Love Me, Roger." I didn't mean to sound insecure as I gripped the piece of jewelry in my hand, "What if that's the last thing I write?" Bring my hand over to put the necklace in my basketball shorts pocket.

"You're just going through a rough patch, kiddo," he told me as I heard some beeping from his side, "I've heard you've been killing it on tour though!" Roger cheered and I just shook my head as I recalled the past few shows.

I messed with the pedant in my pocket as I set my phone down on the booth, "I didn't think they'd like me."

"What's not to like?"

"You always know what to say, huh?" I laughed while Roger joined me before speaking up again.

"Look Lauren," he started and took a deep breathe before continuing, "If anything happens. I'm a phone call away."