Chapter Thirty-Two

NOT PROOFREAD
A/n: yes...finally. smut.

Lauren

"We're ready to do the real take," the director for the music video, Hannah, smiled as they started setting everything for the next part, "Lauren you're going to start off from the bed and start walking your way down through all the scenes-ah you got it pretty good in the test shot. I know you got it just gotta repeat it out loud." She waved me off while I laughed as I had my outfit adjusted.

We were shooting a music video to a song I'd written during and after the time of filming the movie. It wasn't my favorite, but it was fun to record so to think the label wanted to push it as my first single wasn't surprising. It was a safe pop song. Plus when they realized the time range I'd written it and who it was about they all scrambled to get the video planned out. The one thing I was a little on the fence about was who they'd hired to play the love interest.

"Laur," I looked over to my side to see Catalina shyly pushing her straightened out hair over her shoulder while pulling up the shoulder of a baggy white with blue strips button up over her quote on quote sleepwear. A white tank top that hugged her torso well with some white boy shorts that were maybe a little too short. "Are you sure this is okay with-"

"It's okay," I told her as I extended my hand out to have her take apprehensively, "Don't stress about it...if anything I'm sorry for telling them the song was about you."

Catalina's face flooded in pink as she shook her head and stepped closer to me squeezing my hand, "It's okay. It gets me away from working so I don't mind."

I frowned as the last touch to my hair and makeup were done before pulling Catalina into an embrace. Her hands coming to clutch the back of the black tank top I was sporting letting me know she's been feeling anxious, as she has since we came here from the house.

Coming back from my month of Mexico I was met with an anxious Catalina and a depressed Dinah. Walking into the house I was greeted and farewelled by Normani who was off to do her time at the Academy. Dinah was sulking on the couch with Catalina comforting her along with Trixie. Normani told me they'd been preparing for her leave since I was gone, so this was Dinah at her best. I tried not to think about how much worse it could've been. Seeing her off Dinah told us she needed time and locked herself away in their room, leaving Trixie, Catalina, and I the living room to catch up.

Catalina told me about how she'd been using my home studio and even got a good amount of songs done, to which I commended her for because I was worried she might've been hesitant even doing that again. She seemed so scared from the incident that even Rachel was messaging me asking if Catalina had said anything about continuing work. She'd been given time off the same as me, but since she didn't sustain any injuries the label probably didn't see a reason to not push her. I'd asked her if I could listen to any of the songs, but she was very quick to deny it. I was surprised she seemed so against it, were they too dark? Maybe she was too honest and was afraid of letting me in on her innermost worries.

"Are you okay with doing this?" I asked her as she sighed into my chest.

"Well after you said Mila was fine with it I lost a little of my worry," she shrugged as I thought back to my call with my girlfriend.

Two months have passed since I'd last been with her. Now we just call over video or send texts through out the day for whenever the other could reply. It seemed she caught wind with another project, but she wouldn't budge on telling me what it was about. I didn't pry anymore thinking maybe she wanted to get it done first before finishing it, I understood that feeling pretty well thinking back to the love song Sofia hid away for me. I'd told her about how we were preparing for the single coming out and the planning for the video, quickly asking her how she felt about it being about Catalina and her being in the video. I could see her eyes falter from her smile saying it's just something I had to do, that it was my work and she understood. I tried to tell her that the lyrics weren't that deep, but she waved me off saying that I was entitled to how I felt before.