Chapter Three

Lauren

I didn't think I'd have to hide away most of the tour.

It was early in the day, but instead of being out and getting a good run in I'm hiding away on my tour bus.

A few weeks had passed and we were getting into the tour already. The first few shows selling out and being pretty great all through out. I didn't expect any of the shows to really know any of my songs, so when they did sing along I was shocked. Everyone knowing every word. All I could say about it was that it was comforting to know we were all on the same wave. It was so easy to lose myself performing because I knew they wanted to listen.

On the first day Roger told me about how Catalina was going to vlog her tour and I'd have to make regular little appearances. At first I didn't mind, but I thought I'd have to look for them and it was just be a wave of the hand and a little smile. Oh no. How wrong I was.

Catalina's manager, Rachel, came on to my bus to give me a script of lines I should say, avoid, and how to promote my own things. Telling me the label didn't want anything getting out of hand. Her eyes piercing at me and I knew she must've been referring to the night she caught me smoking some pot at Catalina's house. Three nights before tour. She just strutted in through Catalina's house only to find us talking on the balcony. A joint in my hand.

Of course she lost her shit saying how could I bring something like that into Catalina's house. Saying that just because her family went back to LA, this was completely disrespectful. Even though Catalina was the one who'd given me the joint and told me she'd gotten it for me since I'd looked very stressed about something those past few days. Saying that I could smoke it with her and she'd make sure I'd be okay. Offering me a room in her big house before Rachel barged in.

I took the script and told her I'd do my best. She just gave me that plastic smile she always pulls off and walked out.

I jumped off my couch when I heard hard knocks against the door. I knew who was at it and I just wanted to pretend I didn't hear it.

"I know you're in there Lauren," Rachel laughed while I groaned to myself silently, "You have to go interrupt Catalina's dance rehearsal."

"That's literally not something I would do!" I said loudly as I walked over to my room to put a white tee over my sport bra clad chest and some baggy black sweats.

"It shows you're having an amazing time on tour and can't hold back that excitement," she told me and I just rolled my eyes.

"Why are you even here? I thought you and Roger said you wouldn't be joining since you've got kids." I asked confused as to why she'd been with us since day one. She didn't seem like the type of woman who'd enjoy being away from her fancy house.

"I wanted to support Catalina and be there for her just for the first few," she said happily and I could hear her venom wanting to strike behind her tone, "Amongst other things." And there it was.

"Fucking-"

"Now come on out of there or I'll get your bodyguard to get you out," she said in a manner that could've been taken as a joke to anyone else, but I knew she was completely serious.

With defeat I put on my worn out classic style vans and grabbed for my door key before heading out. As I walked down the steps I looked over to my side to see Rachel smiling towards me with my new bodyguard Teddy, the name completely ironic as he was a huge man that was built like a bear, waiting for me. She was totally going to send him in even if I did choose to come.