Chapter Twenty-Five

NOT PROOFREAD

Lauren

There that feeling was again.

Ease.

It'd been a long time since I've let myself sink into a mattress.

I groaned as I hugged the pillow closer to my head, trying to really relish in the comfort of this bed before I threw myself into work once again. The familiar scent of a floral aroma filled my nostrils that I made my body instantly relax.

Wait.

I knew the perfume.

It's Camila's perfume.

I shot up from bed and looked around to see I wasn't in a hotel room. There were huge glass door by the bed that led out to a balcony overlooking the beach.

"The beach," I questioned as I jumped out of the bed and towards the windows, "Where the hell am I?" I asked as I walked around the room before feeling a chill run up my legs. Looking down I felt my cheeks flare up in heat seeing how I was just in my briefs and a tee shirt. Scrambling for the side of the bed I was lied out on I fumbled around trying to put on my pants.

Sitting on the bed as I buttoned my jeans I tried to scramble my brain for anything that lead me to this place. I remember telling Camila everything. Both of us crying. Her letting me know she couldn't bare with the thought of a life without me. My heart grew warm with how she was clinging to me, but it faded once I realized how hurt she must've been to hear me say that.

Deciding I couldn't stay up here forever I made my way out of the room and down the stairs. Looking around this house obviously was a rental from the lack of photos anywhere. Not to mention with how spotless it was. Finding my way through the corridors I stopped in my tracks to see a woman sitting at the dining table as she typed away on her laptop. Long rectangle framed glasses perched up on her nose as brown eyes focused on whoever it was she was writing out. Her hair was in a messy ponytail as her bangs were brushed to one side. A white baggy Mexico soccer jersey covered most of her, but her bare legs that were up on the chair.

"Camila?" I called and she looked up only to give me a smile.

"Oh-Hi," she said as she closed her laptop and looked behind her before looking back to me, "You want some coffee?"

"I-yeah-sure," was all I said as I watched her get up and make her way to the kitchen. My eyes never moving away from her nice legs. From the way she stretched her arms above her head I could see some shorts were indeed covering everything I thought was actually out there.

Good. I don't know how I'd feel if she was just in that shirt.

I walked over to the table to see a bunch of papers, books, and an open notebook surrounding the laptop and a mug of finished coffee, "Working?" I asked her as I noticed some of these pages seemed to be of the script for the new movie.

"Yes," she groaned while I found it cute how she sounded so aggravated, "Everything was green light EXCEPT-they want a sex scene. Which I did write in, but they said they needed more from it. Like I get that sex sells, but I don't want to make this into a soft porn. It's a romance story." Walking back into the dining area she handed me a mug carefully while also gently putting down a little pitcher with cream and a small plate of sugar cubes, "I didn't want to put anything and ruin it."

Surreal. This all felt surreal.

"Thank you," I said as I took a seat at the table and Camila went back to her spot, "I'm sorry if I passed out last night..."