Chapter Twenty- Seven

NOT PROOFREAD

Dinah

Being a celebrity looks fucking exhausting.

"We're really watching the live stream?" Normani groaned as we were completely lied out on the couch in front of the humongous flat screen hanging on the wall, "We finally have the place to ourselves to celebrate our engagement and you want to watch a live stream of our friends on a red carpet."

I rolled my eyes at my grumbling fiancé-

Fiancé.

My fiancé.

God. I love that. I love that so much.

I rolled my eyes at my grumbling fiancé as I rubbed her thighs as she draped her legs over my lap, "I just want to know they'll be okay." Concern had been the only thing going through my head after seeing Twitter and Instagram explode with pictures of Catalina, Dawn, Camila, and Lauren.

"I know some of the people working security-they're in good hands babe."

"I'm not worried about Dawn or that stalker showing up I know they'd get kicked to the curb. I'm worried about Camila having a mental breakdown from getting attacked by those interviewers or the paps."

Normani reached over to hold my hand before giving it a squeeze, "Roger told us they ran all kinds of scenarios by them about that happening. They know what to do and what not to do."

I sighed as I leaned back into the cushions and watched as crowd of cameras readied themselves for the first car pulling up, "They said they were going to be some of the first ones. That should be them, right?"

Normani just rubbed the back of my hand as we watched the screen. The door swung open and I was settled to see Lauren be the first to step out. Comparing her appearance to yesterday it was as if nothing had ever happened. At least on camera the bruising around her lip and nose weren't noticiable at all. All the while her hand was clear of the gauze she had before, but knowing the makeup team they probably got some skin toned bandages to keep the cuts covered. Lauren held the door open and her hand out to help someone step out. Curled hair was the first thing I could see before Catalina stepped out in the most dazzling makeup and beautiful black dress that wrapped around her body nicely. It left her sides exposed and wrapped around her front up from around her neck. It was amazing how their makeup teams made them look so good.

We'd seen the pop star just yesterday after I called Camila asking her where she was. I practically threw Normani into the car and drove us down the block to Catalina's house to see for our own eyes if she was okay. We'd only known Catalina for a little bit, but she'd grown to be a friend. She was a nice girl who'd been through a hell of a lot. Compared to Lauren it seemed as if everyone treated them differently, but then again they're both marketed very differently.

Both of them stood on both sides of the door as they held their hands out for the next person to step out. Two black glove clad hands reached out and stepped out a silver haired beauty. Once straightened out she was taller than both of them. A tall silver haired tanned woman with a black smooth looking mask covering everything from the bridge of her nose down. The full black suit with white collars top really made her seem like she'd stepped off some runway somewhere as I admired the white mascara used to make her brown eyes really pop.

"Woah," I said out loud as Normani hummed with a slow nod.

"Yeah I definitely wouldn't have known that was Mila." She said as she sat up and we watched them make their way down the carpet.

They never let go of each others hands.

"It's like she's someone else completely," I said out loud as I watched them situate themselves at the middle perfectly posing as a group.