Chapter Eighteen

NOT PROOFREAD

Camila
I shouldn't have come.

Everyone at this party seemed to know each other already. This line work-their world seemed small with how everyone was so friendly with each other. All the while I was by the midsection height brick wall that let me see the view. Ariana had to make her rounds with everyone because it was her album release party and it was only right she was polite. Lauren got swept away by Victoria who was amped to get her talking to more producers who wanted to work with her.

I just tried to stay out of everyone's way.

"Karla, right?" A long blonde haired tan skinned woman asked me as I met big brown eyes. She wore a crop top little cashmere sweater that had a long V neck with some light blue jeans. It was a cute causal kind of outfit with some black boots.

"I-Yes-Hi. Nice to meet you," I brought my hand out to shake her hand while my mind tried to access when I introduced myself to this tall beauty.

"Fletcher. Nice to meet you too," she smiled and I saw the gleam from one of those gems you can stick to your teeth, "Ariana was just bragging about one of her old cheer mates who's now a writer-if you're wondering how I knew your name."

I looked over to see Ariana with her hand over mouth to hold back her grin, and somehow in my head I knew she probably wanted to say she had no idea such a beauty would come to talk to me. I shook my head at her before she continued her conversation with some other people and I turned back to Fletcher, "Y-Yeah. I-um-I've mostly only worked on novels for the young adult sections. And I-just recently on a movie script with some more experienced writers."

"That's amazing," she smiled and I felt my heart thump a little too hard seeing her vibrant smile, "What's the name of the book-maybe I've read it."

"You read often?" I asked trying to dodge name dropping my self insert story with my ex.

Fletcher's smile turned more into a smirk before she nodded her head and leaned against the tall brick railing, "When I have time-like not on tour and working. But I always find myself going back to reading Love In The Time of Cholera by-"

"Gabriel García Márquez. Oh my god I love that book." She looked down at me with a growing smile and I quickly realized I cut her off. "Oh my god I'm so sorry I just heard the title and lost it." I tried to laugh it off while Fletcher shook her head.

"No it's cute to see you get excited about it-means you really loved it," I felt my face flaming up while she looked pleased with my reaction, "Maybe you could give me some recommendations on some more books-how long are you in New York for?"

I opened and closed my mouth once my brain started to make the connection to where this was going, "I-Just until tomorrow."

"First time here?" Fletcher asked me as I also realized how close were standing next to each other.

Looking over the city I tried to not lose myself in how wonderful it looked in the sunset, "Actually yeah. It was kind of scary leaving home to come here. First time I'm in the states in a long time."

"Would it be okay to ask where home is?" She asked as she never looked away from me.

God her confidence is a little nerve wrecking.

"Mexico City." I answered as I looked over to see her nodding her head, "Have you been?"

"Unfortunately not yet. Maybe for tour someday." She looked me up and down before leaning in a bit closer, "If I do end up there, could you show me around?"