Chapter Fourteen

Camila

"I'm honestly still in shock," I said out loud as my new manager, Roger Gold, guided me through the crowd of people gathered in Sundance Resort, Utah. We were on our way to the showing of my novel now made into a short film for the International movie showcases. Our time slot was coming up in thirty minutes and we were running a bit late thanks to my new look to keep up with the pseudo author name I came up with.

Roger had convinced me to hire my own stylist to help me come up with a look for Celeste Suerte. So here I was wearing a silver wavy haired with black roots wig and a black fabric face masks to hide everything but my eyes. I'd told Roger I wasn't one to be in the spotlight and let alone have people knowing what I look like. I couldn't deal with anymore comments from the internet after my experience as a teenager. He'd been very convincing to get me to show up to the festival at least and even told me to make it hard for people to figure out who I am and to just stick to speaking in Spanish whenever I were to do some sort of press.

Though I was a little hesitant about the whole new wardrobe I had to get to for Celeste. I'll admit the white button up bishop sleeved shirt with the plaid white and black dress over it was so cute, I was not feeling the long high heeled boots though. I'd begged my new stylist, Chloe, if I could just wearing my high tops, but after coming up with who Celeste Suerte was as a person, we'd all agreed she was a posh and mysterious person.

Posh being something I now dread ever agreeing to. My feet were killing me from all the walking. It was also immensely freezing in Utah at this time of year. It's not like my cute outfit could be showed off anyway over the puffy black trench coat over me. The mask though did keep the frosty air from nipping at my nose, so that I was a little grateful for.

"That your story made it to Sundance? I'm not. Oscár and the producers believed in it, why shouldn't you?"

Maybe because it was basically a self insert fan fiction about my ex and I.

Roger and I met on the last day of shooting. Him and Catalina's manager had flown out to support the two singers on their last scene together. Oscár was very adamant on shooting the last scene of the movie on the last day. Somehow all the booking and l arranging had worked out, leaving the two to shoot the scene between the two love interests in the middle of downtown Mexico City under the pouring rain of a rain machine. Lauren's character was off to chase her dream of music while Catalina's character had been accepted to go to school in Europe. Both of them completely heart broken they weren't going to stay together after finding their someone. Saying their goodbyes with one last kiss.

Of course the end was just a cliffhanger for what would be the sequels, but the movie had to do well and even be picked up for the thought of a sequel to come up. Not that that stopped Oscár. He was so sure that it'd happen after seeing the undeniable chemistry between Catalina and Lauren.

These past few months I tried to really just forget about the bubbling jealously I had to see Lauren with someone else and try to just be happy for her.

But I couldn't.

Ever since the boat ride, Catalina was unbearable. She never missed a chance to flaunt the new closeness she had with Lauren in front of me. Stealing kisses. Holding her hand. Even being painfully sexually playful when Lauren seemed to think no one was watching, but Catalina always made it her mission to have me somehow find them somewhere in a corner.

I'd been tempted on trying to get close to their popstar friend Dawn, since we'd been the only ones on the boat without a partner, we'd been left to converse with ourselves while the others unashamedly made out or cuddled. I had expected him to be a complete ass and cocky from his success, but he mostly seemed depressed and very hard on himself.