Chapter Twenty-Three

NOT PROOFREAD

Dinah

Without you here I don't know what to do with myself.

Today felt different than any other day in my life. Waking up to an empty bed and a loud house was so odd, but before I could wallow in not waking up in Normani's arms I was swarmed by my siblings. All of them congratulating me on my anniversary with the beauty.  As they all either kept me in a hug or stood around my bedroom I couldn't tear my eyes away from the empty space next to me.

Seven years.

Seven years of having you by my side and I couldn't bear waking up one morning without you.

Shooing everyone out of my room I took my time getting ready. Both of our families were staying in Lauren's house because Normani had planned out this huge party in order to celebrate. When I got home from work yesterday to see everyone here I immediately understood why my girlfriend kept avoiding trying to make plans for our anniversary.

That hoe had been doing things behind my back.

Is that what you're doing now? Cooking up something else to take my breath away?

I decided on putting on a simple black dress that had a semi deep v line down my chest. Looking through my jewelry I decided on a gold necklace my other half had gifted me on our first anniversary our senior year. It was a thin gold chain with three little plumeria flowers from smallest to biggest going down vertically. Looking at myself in the mirror I smiled as I traced over the pendant lightly. Memories of that night flooding my mind as I recalled how suave Normani was. Planning out a date to be a picnic under the stars by the water. She'd carefully hidden the necklace box under everything in the basket as I unpacked everything.

I felt like the biggest piece of shit for not having anything to give her. To which she really showed how romantic she was by telling me she was just grateful I've been with her so long.

God.

I really love her.

"Dinah," I looked over to see my sister Kamila and Regina smirking my way, "We've already set up everything outside. The bounce house is in the corner just like you wanted. Mani said the food should be here in an hour."

"Seth is having the time of his life on that thing, huh?" I asked thinking about my baby boy laughing to his heart content.

"Him and Trixie," Regina laughed as she was messing around in her phone.

"What?" I asked feeling my heart drop imaging my shy little pit fumbling around in that bounce house.

I ran out of my room and down the stairs to make my way to the backyard. Standing up at the back patio I watched as I could see two figures in the bounce house. Hearing Seth's happy giggles along with Trixie's excited yapping putmy heart at ease. I could see her actually jumping up after Seth would come back down. Even copying him in trying to do a flip but just barely managed a roll over on the way.

My two babies together really warmed my heart.

Seth must've felt my gaze he turned only to excitedly wave at me, "Dinah! Trixie loves the bounce house!"

"I can see that," I responded back to him just as loudly as I watched him stop jumping to now start running around inside with Trixie hot on his tail.

He'd grown so much. It felt unreal to hear him say my name so well.

Looking around I saw the set up of some tables and a small little DJ booth off by the side, "Wow. This is probably the most adult looking party I've been to." I laughed trying to think of any other moments. Nothing came to mind other than Ariana's huge parties. With a sigh I leaned against the concrete railing, "I guess we are adults now."