Chapter Thirteen

NOT PROOFREAD

Lauren

Being the only sober person in the room is unbearable.

Well more like the only person on the boat.

"For a pop Princess you can really throw back shots," Dinah wooed at Catalina who seemed to be trying to drown something with tequila.

I'd rented an SUV for all of us to ride out to the Xochimilco Canals. Earlier in the morning I'd called to rent us out one of the boat we're currently on. The name of the boat I'd rented gotten was La Luna. They'd told me before that we were allowed to bring our own drinks and food to enjoy the ride. Dinah went out to a liquor store to get us two full coolers ready while Catalina ordered all the snacks and food we needed.

The tension in the air was so suffocating that Dinah turned on the music almost immediately and started pouring shots of tequila. Dawn and Catalina were the first ones to down some, I wasn't surprised after hearing both of them fighting outside of her room. I'd decided to wait for her to help carry the snacks only for the door to swing open and have the tall Canadian storm off.

I'd asked Catalina what happened between them but she smiled cutely at me and told me to not bring it up.

That smile meant she didn't want to talk about it.

Even though I wanted to. I couldn't believe I heard both of them yelling at each other. They weren't people who let their tempers get to them. It must've been something that really bothered the both of them.

Dawn avoided me the entire time. Even when I tried to tell him good morning and ask how the room was that he'd gotten, he just gave me shrug and looked over behind me. Probably watching Catalina converse with Dinah and Normani.

Everything is kind of a mess right now, but I guess that happens when you reunite with someone you never thought you'd see again.

Looking over Catalina I noticed Dawn standing by the edge of the boat with a beer in his hand. He seemed too lost in his own head that he didn't even notice the boats around us snapping pictures of him. Or even hear the girls screaming his name-amongst other things.

"I'll be right back" I excused myself from the table and patted Catalina's hand before walking over to the front of the boat. My mind reeled with anything I could say to him. I didn't want him to end up hating me even more if I said the wrong thing.

But what was the right thing to say in this situation?

"Hey," I said in a small voice as I stood next to him.

Dawn didn't turn towards me. He just kept looking forward while taking a swig from his drink.

So I did the same. Looking forward to catch glimpses at the other boats of people actually enjoying themselves. No awkward tension surrounding their boats at all. "I don't know what you're thinking, but I want you to know that I didn't do anything to try and hurt you."

"You did though," he scoffed while he shook his head, "This whole time I was confiding in you about my feelings and you just let me go on like some idiot-because you knew I didn't have a chance."

"Dawn," he tried to cut him but he just groaned before running his huge hand through his curly hair.

"All those times where I thought I couldn't get to her because things kept getting in the way-it was actually you."

"I wouldn't do it on purpose," I interjected while feeling a little attacked for something that I wasn't even doing, "It's not like I told her things to like me more than you-man this is exactly how I thought you'd react."