7

After weeks on the road, mostly sleeping in the car. They were now in Tennessee where they were looking for a werewolf, named Ray Sutton and his pack.

"Stay here." Klaus said as he started getting out the car.

"It's boring Nik. I spent all my time in this car." She complained.

"Boring keeps you safe." Klaus said.

Isabella grabbed his arm and did her puppy face. It always worked and she always got what she wanted.

Klaus sighed, "Fine. Come on. Stay by my side, yes?"

"Thank you!" She said and she grabbed his hand.

When they walked a bit, Klaus turned to a house where a woman was looking for her dog.

"Do what I say." He said and sped them behind the girl and when she turned around she jumped out fear.

In an American accent, "I didn't mean to scare you" Klaus said.

Isabella gripped onto his hand even more and stepped closer to him.

"Can I help u?" The girl asked.

"Yeah, my, uh. My car ran out of gas a couple miles back. We've been walking forever. Yours is the first house we have come to. My sister, here, is very tired. I need to get her home. I was hoping I could use your phone."

"Don't you have a cell phone?"

"Yeah, battery died." He said as he pulled his 'dead' phone out of his pocket.

The girl still stared at him with suspicion, "Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer. I just wanna use your phone." Klaus said.

The girl finally gave in, "Sure."

"We can come in?" Klaus asked.

"No. I'll get the phone and bring it out to you." The girl said.

Klaus dropped the accent, "I thought you country folk were supposed to be more trusting."

"I'm from Florida."

"Well, that explains it." Klaus said. Still holding on to Isabella's hand, he grabbed the girl's throat. "Now, show me a little Southern hospitality," he compelled her, "sweet pea."

They walked into the house with the girl still in Klaus's hold and another woman looked at them. "What's going on?" The scared girl asked.

"Please don't be alarmed. I'm told Ray Sutton lives here." Klaus said as the girl in his hold started to silently cry.

Isabella stood at the doorway, watching.

"He- he's almost never here. He's on the road mostly." The girl said.

"But I expect he makes it home once a month." The girl start to breath heavier and their heart rates start to quicken. "That's what I thought. Where is he now?" The girl stayed silent. "If I have to make you tell me, it's going to be infinitely more painful for you."

The girl ran off leaving Klaus, Isabella and the blonde girl in the kitchen.

They started walking after her and Isabella trailed behind.

"I love it when they run." Klaus said as they saw Stefan in front of the girl.

"He's in Tulley. It's near the border. A bar called Southern Comfort, it's off Highway 41." The darker- skinned girl said.

"Thank you, my love. Now, may my friend come in and play?" Klaus asked the girl, pushing her hair behind her ear.

"Yes" The girl said out of fear.