29

"The council has been blown up." Isabella announced as she entered the room.

Thomas looked up from his seat, "what do you mean blown up?"

"Like the place we were being held captive literally blew up with the entire council inside it." She told him.

He frowned, "was it an accident or murder?"

"The paper says accident."

"Well, then we're lucky. We don't need to go on a man hunt ourself." He said, leaning back on his chair.

"Don't you think it's kind of... convenient though?" She asked, sitting opposite him.

"Yeah but I'm not gonna say I'm not happy about it."

"I think we should go to the funeral." Isabella said.

Thomas nodded, "alright."

Rebekah had left as soon as she woke up after the Klaus situation. She bought a new house at the other end of the town. Isabella and Thomas had stayed in the house and Klaus had not come back since so it was just them two for the past few days.

A few hours later, Isabella was dressed in a black dress whereas Thomas was in a suit, without the tie.

Isabella examined herself in the mirror. She grabbed the necklace around her neck and made sure it was visible, not tucked inside the dress.

When Thomas saw it on her, he smiled but neither one of them said anything regarding it.

They headed off to the church.

The ceremony had already started when they arrived so they quietly slid in the door and stood.

She quickly spotted Caroline and Tyler to their left and Jeremy, Matt, Damon, Stefan on their right. Elena was on stage.

"The worst day of loving someone is the day that you lose them." Elena started.

Isabella head jerked back when she smelt blood.

"Somethings going on." Isabella whispered to Thomas, he looked down to her with a frown in confusion, "I can smell blood." She looked to her right and noticed blood dripping from the ceiling to a small bowl of holy water.

"Someone has made a trap for the vampires here." She said. She looked around the room and noticed every single one of the vampires around the room with stiff shoulders.

"I, um..." Elena stuttered, eyeing the blood dripping.

"She's going to get herself killed." Thomas said, nonchalant. Isabella nodded as she watched a struggling Elena. Stefan quickly got up from his seat and made his way to the stage, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and walked her off stage.

"It's okay, it's okay. I got you, I got you." He soothed to her.

The priest went over to the podium, "please turn to page forty two in your hymn book. Let us join together in a song."

Everyone rose to their feet and began to sing.

"We should go." Thomas told her, grabbing her elbow gently.

She shook her head, "not yet. I wanna see how this pans out."

"The blood. Stefan, the blood, I can smell it. There's so much." Elena whined, curling into Stefan's hold.

"It's alright; just remember what we talked about. Focus, push back, come on you can do this."

"What's wrong with her?" Matt asked.

"She's hungry. She hasn't fed." Stefan told him.

Isabella looked up to Thomas with a surprised look on her face and his lips turned up a small bit.