27

Thomas leaned over Isabella's sleeping figure, stroking her hair slightly.

After a few seconds, her eyes fluttered open and instantly locked gazes with Thomas.

"Hi." She smiled.

"Hi." He whispered back.

"Are you okay?" She asked as he stood up to his full height.

"Couldn't sleep. Coming back to life feels weird." He smiled jokingly down to her.

She rolled around to face the window and noticed it was still dark outside.

"Sorry for waking you." He apologised.

"It's okay. Sleep here." She pat the space beside her.

He hesitated for a second before moving around the bed and sliding underneath the covers.

He stayed staring at the ceiling as Isabella rolled on her side to look at him.

She examined his side profile that she had seen a thousand times before. It was... perfect.

"Tom?" She mumbled and he hummed in response, "the history teacher, I have a bad feeling."

The silence stretched out for a few seconds before he turned his head to look at her, "same." He mumbled.

"But... if Nik said he's dead... he's dead, right?"

He finally turned on his side so they were facing each other. His hand reached out and pushed her hair behind her ear. He left his hand there and stroked his thumb around in circles on her temple, "I don't think we should put all of our faith in Niklaus Mikaelson."

A smile formed on her face, "why'd you say his full name?"

He mirrored her expression, "saying Klaus is boring." He joked. "Everything will be okay. Nothing will happen to us, or your family, okay?"

Isabella nodded once before moving slightly closer to Thomas. Instinctively, the arm that was touching her head moved down and wrapped around her waist, pulling her even closer.

"I'm glad I have you back." She whispered against his chest.

He left a gentle kiss on the top of her head, "always."

Not long after, their breaths evened out and they fell asleep in each other's arms.

***

"What did i say about separate rooms?" Klaus shouted as he stormed into Isabella's room, seeing Isabella and Thomas cuddled into each other.

Isabella had her head tucked into his chest as he had his arm wrapped around her waist tightly, pressing their fronts together.

Isabella groaned and turned to the side to see a scowling Klaus standing beside her bed.

She picked up a pillow and threw it at her brother, "nothing happened. Go away." She grumbled.

He caught the pillow before it made contact with him an placed it back where it was supposed to go, "I don't care. Mate, get your hands off my sister before I send you back to the dead."

Thomas groaned as he fully awoke and reluctantly slid his hand off Isabella.

"Get up and start packing." Klaus told her.

She rolled around to face him, "we're leaving?"

"Yes. There's nothing for us in this town. We'll grab the doppelgänger and be on our way." He said, glaring at Thomas for a short second.

"Why does Elena need to come? The Salvatore's will put up a fight." Isabella said and klaus gave her a pointed look which made her roll her eyes, "hybrids. Jesus, Niklaus, you don't see me trying to form a boy band of hybrids. Why do you care so much about it? Isn't your family enough?"