24

After a couple of days, Isabella finally traced Thomas's family down.

There were only a little number of his clan left but it was easier to track them down with his necklace and google. She had uploaded a photo of the necklaces design into google and a few pictures popped up. They were all of a little café in Georgia.

So she got in the car and after teaching herself how to drive it, she set out on her way early in the day.

It was an 8 hour drive.

She had hoped Thomas was in the car with her whilst driving there because she spoke to him as if he was.

"If they actually are your family, I wonder if they'll look like you. I mean, there has been many generations. I hope they still have dark hair. I love your hair."

She reached forward and put on music.

"I love this era of music. Remember when it was all slow and boring. I guess it was easier to dance with a partner. But I love this all so much better."

She instinctively grabbed the necklace that Thomas had given her and rubbed her thumb across it.

"It doesn't feel right you not having this. Do you regret giving it to me?" She waited so if he was in the car, he had time to respond. "I bet you do. But selfishly enough, I'm glad you gave it to me because I'll always have a part of you." Then she quickly rushed out, "but you're coming out soon enough anyways so I'll give it back. Because you are coming to this side."

She continued the one sided conversation most of the way and when she finally arrived, she glanced out of the window at the café.

"The riverside café. Fancy." She mumbled.

But the symbol beside the name, was an exact copy of the design on the Thomas's necklace.

She slid out of the car as he phone began to buzz.

'Nik' the caller ID said.

She pressed accept and pulled the phone to her ear.

"Sister." He greeted.

"Nik."

"I have been informed that you have left Mystic Falls. Do you mind telling me where you went off to?" He said.

"The last time we spoke, we had a... disagreement. Are we not going to speak about that?" She asked, leaning back on her car, squinting at the bright sun.

"I just assumed it was because of the recent things that had just happened to you got you riled up."

Isabella couldn't help but smile slightly as she shook her head, "no, Niklaus. I meant everything I said but I'm not pissed anymore. I've decided that I'm just going to erase everything I saw everyone of yous do when I was watching in the Other Side."

There was a few moments of silence before he answered, "yes, that is probably for the best. Now, tell me where you are. I don't need you to give me blood like everyone else but I would still like to know where you are."

"Don't worry, Nik. I'll be back late tonight or early tomorrow." She said as she began to walk towards the cafe.

Again, another long silence, "you may be an adult now, Izzy, but you're still my baby sister. I'll give you until midday tomorrow to be back or I'll send people to look for you."

"Deal." Isabella said before hanging up. When she walked in, a bell above the door chimed, alerting people that a new customer had arrived.

"Have a seat, doll. We'll take your order as soon as we can." An older woman said, behind the counter.