17

Elijah left to go meet with Damon and Isabella was left with Klaus.

Isabella was wondering around the mansion, looking in every room.

She was looking at the ground, taking long strides through the hallway when she bumped into someone.

"Sorry." She said, she looked up and saw a hybrid.

"It's fine. What are you doing?" He asked.

"I don't know. Walking." She said and walked past him.

She opened double doors and walked in but she looked around in awe. The whole room was covered in paintings hanging on the wall, blank canvas' and paint brushes scattered around the room.

"What are you doing in here?" She turned around and saw Klaus standing at the doorway.

"Are these yours?" Isabella asked.

"Yeah."

She looked at the paintings again, "you've got better."

"It has been a thousand years." He laughed.

"I guess."

"I just came to ask if you wanted to join Lijah, Damon, Stefan and I for dinner?"

"Why are you having dinner with them?"

"Elijah scheduled it, guess they wanna make a deal. You joining?"

She thought for a moment, "can I wear a new dress?"

He laughed, "sure."

"Then yes, I will join."

**

Isabella was sitting at the table when Elijah answered the door.

"Niklaus. Our guests have arrived." Elijah said as he opened the door.

Damon and Stefan walked in and saw Klaus.

"Damon. Stefan. Elijah tells me you seek an audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men, shall we?" Klaus said.

"It's better to indulge him." Elijah said as he walked over to the table.

"I didn't, uh, come here to eat, Klaus. In fact, I didn't want to come here at all, but I was told I had to. Because you would hear us out." Stefan said.

"Well, we can sit and eat or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides." Klaus sat next to Isabella. "The choice is yours."

Elijah sat the other side of Isabella and Damon and Stefan sat opposite them.

The servant girls poured wine in all of their glasses- except Isabella's- and everyone started to eat apart from Stefan who was just sitting there.

"You lost your appetite?" Klaus said to Stefan.

"Eat. I thought we agreed that we would leave the grumpy Stefan at home." Damon said and Stefan picked up his knife and fork.

"That's the spirit. Isn't this nice? The five of us dining together?" Klaus said. "Such a treat. Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger out of our brother?"

"Well, I knew how he felt about you, so I figured more, the merrier." Damon said.

"Well, Elijah and I have had our share of quarrels, but we always make it through." Klaus said.

"Kind of like, uh, you and Rebekah, right? Where is she, by the way? Last I checked she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her." Stefan said.