25

Isabella spent the entire night telling Rebekah what she had learnt from Elizabeth Malcolm.

Rebekah read the page and looked over to her younger sister suggestively, "soulmates?"

Isabella rolled her eyes and sat on her bed, "don't even start. I'm sorry, but since when has soulmates ever been a thing? I've never heard of it so I'm putting it down to the werewolves stupid prophecy being wrong. I mean, they must be, the prophecy included me having children which I clearly cannot do."

Rebekah looked at her sister sadly, knowing how she felt but turned back to the book and continued reading, "so what? Every wolf feels trusted towards you?"

"I don't know. Elizabeth said 'my brain is telling me to trust you. Why are all my instincts to trust and protect you?' and then when I told her how I knew Thomas she instantly relaxed and started to help me." Isabella told her.

Rebekah frowned as she sat beside her, "so your part of this big prophecy about being practically the queen of wolves? How did we never hear anything about someone who could be this powerful?"

"Nik might of." Isabella suggested.

"Maybe." Rebekah trailed off. "Do you have everything to get him back?"

"I only glanced through the book. I'll throughly look through it and gather everything I need. Do you think the Bennett Witch is strong enough to do this kind of spell?" She asked.

"Probably." Rebekah answered.

There was a few moments of silence, "actually, I'm not going to ask her. I kind of feel bad for the Witch. Everyone goes to her whenever they need something and I've never heard anyone say thank you for it. I'll just find a strong witch somewhere else."

Rebekah nodded in agreement, "yeah, that's good. If you need any help, just ask and I'll be there."

Isabella smiled and pulled her sister into a hug, "thank you Rebekah. You don't know how much I appreciate this."

"Always. I missed you."

"I missed you, too." Isabella replied as they pulled apart.

Rebekah glanced out the window and her eyes opened in surprise when she saw the sun rising, "oh, I've got to get to the school to plan the dance."

"I don't know who you can be bothered to deal with school, Bex." Isabella said.

Rebekah shrugged as she was leaving the room, "it keeps me busy."

Isabella looked around the room, smiled and said to Thomas, "I'd love to see you at school. That'd be funny as hell."

Isabella fell back on her bed so she was laying down, looking up at the ceiling whilst she thought over things.

"Tommy, by the end of the week, you'll be over here. I just need to make sure my family doesn't die first and I need to find a witch who can perform the spell."

She felt her phone buzz from her pocket so she fished it out and looked at the notification.

Kol: I'm with the Gilbert's in Denver. Want to join me?

Izzy: I don't think I can. I'll see you soon though.

There was a few moments of silence before a familiar voice said, "Isabella."

She quickly sat up and looked towards the door.

Esther stood at the door, pale.

"Mother." She breathed out.

"I'm not here to hurt you." Esther said, raising her hands.

"Then why are you?" She asked.

"You need to know." Esther simply said.