26

The sun rose for the next morning as Kol and Isabella entered the shop of the witch they were looking for.

"We're not open yet!" The woman behind the counter said, having her back faced towards them as she stocked the shelves.

"We're not here for the shop. We need your magic." Kol said.

The witch stopped working and froze.

She turned around slowly and eyed the two vampires at her door, "magic?" She laughed, "you know none of that is real, right?"

Isabella examined her, she was beautiful. Her dark complexion suited well with the shade of her black hair but there were streaks of grey running through it due to old age.

Kol faked a laugh and walked closer to her. The witch stiffened, "we both know that's not true, Lottie."

"Who are you?" The witch demanded, staring at Kol.

"Kol Mikaelson, maybe you know me?"

Her face turned into one of acknowledgment, "original vampire." She turned to Isabella, "and who are you?"

"Isabella Mikaelson." She replied.

"Hybrid." The witch stated.

"You're smart." Isabella smiled.

"I just know the most dangerous creatures on earth, it's my duty." Lottie replied. She turned her head to Kol, leaning over the counter "and my grandmother knew you. She was fond of you. Said you had quite a charm to you."

Kol smirked, "that's me."

"What can I do for you?" Lottie asked.

"We need you to complete a spell." Isabella said, throwing the book, that Elizabeth Malcolm gave her, over the counter.

Lottie stared at the girl for a few seconds before grabbing the book and looking through it.

"A resurrection spell." Lottie mumbled.

"I want it done... by tonight." Isabella told her.

Lorries head snapped up, "that's hardly any time to prepare for this big of a spell, even if I can do it."

"I'm pretty certain the spirits condone this, get them to help if you need." Isabella told her.

"Why would the spirits want this? They hate resurrections." Lottie said.

"Some whole prophecy, blah, blah, blah. But they were the ones who started it, I'm guessing they want to end it." Isabella said.

Lottie nodded, "let me see what I can do."

***

It had been a few hours and Lottie had come back to tell them that she was ready.

Apparently she had spoken to the spirits and they were ready to help with the spell.

They headed out into the woods and found a clear opening.

"How does this work?" Kol asked.

"I need the ingredients first. Do you have a personal item of his?" Lottie asked Isabella.

She nodded before slipping his necklace over her head. She gripped it tightly before dropping it into the witches hand.

Lottie turned around and dropped the necklace into a bowl. She grabbed a few jars from beside the hall and poured a few things into the bowl too.

When she stood up straight again, she looked back at Isabella, "do you know if he is here or not?"

Isabella smiled, "I think so. He told me he wouldn't leave my side. So, if he keeps his promise, which he most likely did, yes, he's here."