chapter twenty five || nicole's interlude

N I C O L E

N I C O L E

I WALK INTO MY ROOM and turn on the light.
Immediately remove my heals with a loud groan. This was a long ass weekend and I'm just over it. I begin to also remove my clothes, one by one until I'm left in my undergarments, when a tall figure storms into my room.

A gasp leaves my mouth. "Bitch! You scared me!" I spit and laugh.

Rene throws herself on my bed. "Please, continue.
Don't stop on my account." She gestures her hand as for me to continue.

"Ima get Apryl in here to whoop that ass." I laugh.

"Hey, I can look as long as I don't touch." She fires back and I roll my eyes. "How was your mini vacay?"

"Ugh!" I groan loudly. "A fucking nightmare! My head was everywhere else but there!"

"You still trippin on what Colt said about the quarterback?"

Rene is the girlfriend to one of my sorority sisters Apryl. She's super cool and Apryl is my girl so I definitely get along with her girlfriend. Rene goes to Calvary University and she just so happens to hang out with the hockey team—who might know my ex.

"Yes. And I'm trying not to torment myself about it but it's so fucking hard."

"What exactly is the issue boo?"

Talking about him for me is very hard. When we broke up I was crushed. He was my first love, and my first. Being with him made me feel things I never thought were even possible to feel and things ended so bad that just the thought of him again gets me anxious.

I run my hands through my hair and sigh. "He was my first love. Our relationship was real you know? And things ended so bad with us. I never really got my closure, shit was just toxic so I packed up and left."

Rene raises her brows. "You think he knows you're here?"

"I think so. People said he never got over me."

Rene quickly pulls out her phone and goes to her Instagram. "Alright, get over here. Let's see if it's the same Miguel then?"

For years it has taken everything in me not to look him up. I'm sure he has social media but I just can't put myself in that situation anymore. My feelings clearly are still all over the place so seeing him will just make things for me so hard.

"No. You're crazy. I don't even actually wanna know if it's him."

"Yes! Yes! You do! That way you can move on and stop obsessing."