eleven || You googled date ideas?

V I O L E T

HONESTLY, I'VE NEVER LIKED SURPRISES. But I can genuinely say this is one of the few that I've loved.

A pumpkin patch is one of the best things about fall. I live in Salem so everyday is Halloween and this here just reminds me of back home and I love that feeling.

Pretty sure since we stepped off the truck I have been smiling and gasping like a child on their first trip to Disney world.

We line up at the entrance and Miguel pays for us to go in. Leading the way inside he holds out his hand to me and I take it. And once again, like a child I'm practically skipping with excitement through the pumpkin patch.

"What do you wanna do first?" Miguel asks.

"I don't even know." I answer him with excitement. Miguel chuckles and points towards the pumpkin patch field and I nod in agreement.

Back in high school I went out on dates, not sure if it was our age but for some reason my teenage dates only consisted of parties, movies or restaurants. Back then I wouldn't complain, I was a fifteen/sixteen years old dating preppy kids. So this is like my first real grown up date in a way. He's not taking me to a theater to try and feel me up or to a diner where he sits next to me just so he can put his hands on my legs. We are out and about, walking around a pumpkin patch holding beers. At least to me, that seems grown up.

After looking at the pumpkins we decide on the cornfield maze—which is so fun—I have never laughed this much.

I gotta give it to him. He's not only got the looks but also the personality. Maybe this is judgmental of me to think but never did I imagine that someone who looks like him would be so modest.

We haven't stopped holding hands since we got here. It feels so natural. So much that I almost forgot our hands were still intertwined.

But then my head wins and insecurity hits me.

I wonder how many girls he's brought here before.

Not letting that affect me, I push the thought back and we head over to play mini golf.

"I say we make a bet to see who wins this." He says holding a cocky smirk.

"Nuh uh. No sir! You're not tricking me into more dates." I tease back.

Miguel feigns offense. "Ouch." He says placing his hand over his heart. "You're really good for my ego."

I roll my eyes, trying not to smile. "You know what I mean."

   He chuckles. "Prepare to get crushed again."

   "Mmm." I shrug. "We'll see about that."

We finished out the game where I proceeded to kick his ass this time. Instantly regretting not going through with a bet like he'd suggested.

Heading over to one of the food trucks for a drink we grab a seat at one of the empty tables, Miguel sitting across from me.

"Come here often?" I ask trying to sound nonchalant.

Miguel rest his elbows on the table. "First time, actually."

Trying not to seem nervous, I run my hands through my hair, smoothing it out as my eyes fixate on his. Since I don't know him, I can't tell when he's lying. His tone however sounds genuine.

"Do you like it?" He adds.

"I do, yes. I love pumpkin patches." I smile, meaning every word.