chapter forty five || can i have this dance

V I O L E T

V I O L E T

DRINKING MIMOSAS IS THE PERFECT WAY to start my Sunday.

Mia invited me to breakfast and mimosas with her best friend slash maid of honor Janet. Who I met last night while bar hopping.

Last night was so much fun. I got to see the very famous-well known 7th Street. I don't know how many blocks this street is but it has a bar on each corner.

Miguel and I didn't get as drunk as everyone else who was with us-including miss Daisy-she was definitely dealing with something she was trying to forget.

Either way last night was a blast. The whole week actually has been amazing. Today is our last day here and I'm beyond sad that we have to leave. But also excited to see Alice. I've really missed her.

"I still can't believe Miguel brought a girl home to meet his family." Janet says, taking a sip of her drink.

"She's not just any girl. She's special." Mia defends.

"Oh, obviously. I've known that little critter all his life and he's never brought a girl home. Even that one chick he was with-she was never around."

Mia rolls her eyes. "Cause fuck that bitch! She's trash." Her tone super annoyed. I snicker and take a long sip from my mimosa.

"Oof. I would hate to have been your sister in law." Janet chuckles. "I was with Mase. For three years." She clarifies. My brows shoot up and my mouth parts in surprise. I would've never guessed that. But now it makes sense why Mason and Emma didn't wanna hang out with us yesterday.

"But then he met Emma and they broke up." Mia adds. "It's why she never comes around."

"That's so crazy! I never would've thought." I finally say. "I mean she does seem super distant and quiet but I figured she was just like that."

"Well, we never figured it out but I don't think it was Mason's plan to say with E. But when she got pregnant he did the right thing." Mia explains. The plot just gets thicker and thicker. There really is drama is everyone's family.

Janet groans and waves her hand around. "On a much lighter subject-will you be joining us for the wedding?"

Mia gently places her hand over mine on the table, giving it a small squeeze. "No pressure. But I really hope you can make it." She smiles.

"Of course. I would love to be here." I smile back.

Mia and her fiancé Issac are getting married in June. Since I got here she's showed me all that she has planned, her theme and even the dress she's picked out. I'm very happy for her.