chapter forty six || exgirlfriend

M I G U E L

M I G U E L

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID IT WITHOUT ME." Violet complaints from our side of the booth, sounding disappointed yet amused at the same time. "Ugh. I'm so jealous." She playfully adds. We came into Burlington to run some errands but stopped for a quick bite a some diner

"Don't sweat it babe, I'll take you." I say to her. My girl loves the sound of that cause she gives me a sweet smile then plants a kiss on my lips.

During our spring break Alice and Johnny decided to take a road trip together to see some lighthouse that Alice wanted to photograph. In the mean time of their little adventures both of them got tattoos and Alice pierced her navel.

"Kai did such a great job." Vi continues to gush over Alice's new forearm tattoo. "He drew it exactly how you said you wanted it."

The look on both Alice and Johnny is priceless.

"Who's Kai?" Johnny asks.

"Kai didn't do my tattoo." Alice clarifies at the same time.

I already knew that Kai is her tattoo artist. She said she is very firm on not cheating on him. Which I respect. He's her friend. However, I also knew that he has a thing for Alice. And if I'm not mistaken they're dating or talking. I'm not really sure but based on Jays look he had no clue about it.

Violet's eyes move from Alice to Johnny in confusion. Then she tunes to me. We exchange awkward glances while also trying not to laugh.

Whatever is going on between these two is something that I am not trying to get in the middle of. They have history and maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me like there's more than just friendship with them. Though they both deny. Jay is my boy and I'm here for him but I can't overstep either.

"Kai's Violet's friend from high school and her tattoo artist." Alice explains. Her tone remaining awkward. "He's the one who did our matching tat."

Johnny nods, his mouth slightly parted. I know exactly what he's thinking and I know what he wants to ask.

"Still, Kai or not the tat looks dope." I jump in. Hopefully to ease off the tension these two are throwing out. "It's very detailed."

A big smile covers Alice's face. It's more of a proud smile than a happy one. "Johnny actually drew it." She gushes. "He always knew I wanted a mother, daughter tattoo and when I told him the vision I had-he came up with this."

"Damn! Seriously?" Violet's tone, surprised. "I didn't know you could draw like that."

"Hell yeah! My boy is good. He's gonna be a famous ass artist in the future."