five || Miguel Cruz

V I O L E T

I CURSE MYSELF for leaving our dorm without a sweater. My weather app said it was 51 degrees outside yet if feels freezing and this slight wind doesn't help. On top of it, letting Alice choose my outfit tonight was probably not the best idea. It seemed cool at first but now I'm regretting it.

After trying on a few dresses, Alice insisted I wore my black velvet mini dress. It has thin straps, and I put on some net pantyhose which don't do anything to help with the cold. Strictly for look purposes. And since I'm extremely short—only reaching 4'11–I paired the outfit with some black heels that make my legs look longer.

But again none of this helps me with the cold air.

Alice however doesn't seemed faze by the weather tonight. She's in a light brown plaid shirt with a cropped top and some platform boots. And just like me she also didn't bring a sweater.

Although in our defense the party was supposed to be the junior dorm building. Apparently that was raided and quickly moved to Greek Row so now here we are, walking up to a Sigma house party on our first night.

What could possibly go wrong?

Seems like I spoke to soon. We hear Alice's name being called. Both of us turn around confused. From my understanding she didn't know anyone here.

"Johnny?!" Alice says looking like she can't believe it.

My eyes follow to where her's stop. Two tall guys stand next to u—now let me rephrase that—two very hot guys.

Johnny—the one who knows her—looks just as surprised to see Alice. He's quite tall, tan has tattoos and is very fit.

My eyes find his friend, but his are already on me.

And yikes!

This man is gorgeous! He's also tall, tan and covered in tattoos-only he has a little bit of beard.

Honestly, I could just stare at him all night. From the looks of it, he seems to be studying me as well.

"What are you doing here?" Johnny's voice comes through, finally interrupting me from checking out his friend. I turn back to face Alice. Only his friends eyes remain focused on me.

"Uh, attending a party, what does it look like?" Alice says but now they both hold a smirk. "I start school on Monday dumbass."

Johnny laughs now and gestures for us move inside.

They're definitely familiar.

The house of course is crowded with people and the music is at a deafening level. Johnny offers us a drink so we follow him to the kitchen. Where thankfully the music is much softer in here.

"This is my boy Miguel." He introduces his hot friend, finally. And the hot guy nods giving us a smirk.

"This is Vi, she's my roommate."

"Your names Vi?" Hot guy, Miguel speaks. And of fucking course he has a sexy voice as well.

"Short for Violet," I answer.

And he nods. "So how do you two know each other?" He gestures towards Alice and Johnny.

Johnny hands both of us a cup of coke and whiskey he just mixed right in front of us. "We go way back. We were neighbors and she was my tutor in high school."

"I was not your tutor, you were and are perfectly capable of passing just fine. But he was slacking on his geography due to football so I just lended a helping hand."