Chapter 31: An Even Bigger Confession

CS
~ I Don't Care ~

By: Fall Out Boy

I couldn't move at all. Derek just confessed his feelings. Right in front of me. As hard as this might seem, this is reality. All I could do was stare wide-eyed and jaw agape at a serious looking Derek. My heart thumped rapidly without seeming to slow down. Many thanks to the darkness and the poor lighting because if he were to see me, I'd probably be as red as a tomato. I don't know how long we've been staring at each other, but eventually the ferris wheel jerking to a start knocked us out of our trance.

Derek's eyes widened as if he realized something. The poor boy looked like he just saw his dog get run over by a car. "Oh shit." He whispered more to himself. Derek unwrapped his arms that were encircled around me. "Oh shit." Derek said more to me now. "Ooohhh shit." He repeated, eyes darting everywhere. "Oh god. Did I just- A-Alex, I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to say that out loud like right here, right now. I just- I...I..."

He drifts off and his head falls into the palms of his hands. Being the silent person I am, I just stare at the trembling Derek dumbfounded. We don't say anything for the rest of the ride. Eventually it came to an end and we got off.

It seemed like an eternity the last time we spoke but, surprisingly, Derek's phone broke the silence. He looked down at it and frowned. I stare back at him puzzled, trying ot sneak a peak at who was calling. The caller ID...It's...Ritchy. Why would she be calling him?

Derek looks up at me with a sad and annoyed look on his face. "I-Is it okay if I go take care of this real quick? I...I'll be right back." He said still sounding shaky.

I gulp and nod shyly. I wasn't really in the mood to say anything. Derek gives me a tight lipped smile and hurries off. I let out a loud breath as I run a hand through my tangled hair. That was weird. Derek had feelings for me? Who knew? He's a bad boy after all. What do you expect? All he does is hump and dump. Pretty much it, but finding out he actually had feeling for me is a whole new level of WTF. And the Ritchy call? He was playing me. I'm sure of it. I mean why would Ritchy even call him? Besides, that's who he is anyway, a player, a bad boy. Right? 

My thoughts were interrupted when someone grabbed my arm and started pulling me into a random direction. I look up and see a mop of blond hair. Derek? He's back already? "Derek, where are we going?" I ask. Derek stays silent and I start to feel uncomfortable. "Derek?" I ask again but he still stays silent.

We arrive in some dark abandoned alley way. I look at Derek's back confused then that was when everything became real. Derek, or what seemed like Derek, turned around. Fear struck me instantly. The mop of blond hair was in fact not the dirty blond mop I'm used to seeing almost everyday. Apparently, the person standing in front of me was most definitely not Derek. It was that lying bastard, Kale.

@@@

Derek's P.O.V.

"Ritchy?" I ask after picking up the phone.

"Heeyyy baaeee!" She shrieks into the phone. I wince as I pull the phone away from my ear. Can this girl ever tone it down?

"What is it this time?" 

"Wanna meet up? Maybe roam around the fair? Alone? Together?" Ritchy suggests flirtatiously.

I sighed. "Ritchy, I'd like to but-"

"Great! Turn around."

Confused, I turn around and see Ritchy making her way over to me with a huge grin on her face. "Lookin' fine Derek. Let's go." 

She began to pull my arm but I shake her hands off. "No. I..."

"'I' what?" Ritchy turns to me with a confused face. "Oh. Don't tell me you're out with that bitch, Alex. Come on. Don't tell me you took an interest to her."