Chapter 12: It's Raining Pink Lemonade

"Now that, class, that is how to tell the difference between concrete and abstract. These are two of the many factors that demonstrate the art of poetry." BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA... Our literature teacher has been lecturing us about poems ever since class started. I'm starting to form a kind of hatred toward him.

RIIIINNNGGG!!! 

The bell rings signalling the time for a lunch break. Finally, I thought Mr. Rodney's lecture would never end. I agonizingly walk over to my locker to put away my stuff then over to the caffeteria. I line up and get my food then sit by Victoria. I began to gobble down my food like a hungry pig. God I'm starving.

"Well hello to you too," Victoria says looking at me with a terrified expression.

"Hi," I mumble while chewing food.

"Ewww...did you ever learn how to eat with your mouth closed?"

I wipe the crumbs off my face with a tissue. "Sorry. I'm just so hungry. I've been thinking about food all day."

Victoria rolls her eyes and continues eating. We eat in silence while our other school mates talk their heads off. My eyes wander around the caffeteria until they land on someone. Someone who was already looking at me. Someone who goes by the name of Derek. 

I quickly look away and continue eating my food awkwardly. I look up to see Victoria staring at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Staring at someone special?" She winks.

"N-no. I am not," I stutter. 

"Mmm hmm...." Victoria says suspiciously before turning her attention back at her food.

After moments of silence, I feel someone's presence behind me. I look back and then- "BOO!" 

I let out a yelp and bring my hand up to my chest. "Why'd you do that?" I say loudly and full of annoyance.

Derek shrugs and says, "Just for fun." He takes a seat next to me, and I slap the back of his head.

"OW! What the?" He says bringing his hand up to the back of his head.

"Don't ever scare me ever again."

"Okay okay...gosh," he says bringing his hands up in surrender. "Anything for you, cutie."

Victoria watches us in amuzement. "Wow...you guys sure know how to make a scene. Plus, cute nickname. It suits you, Alex. Cutie," she says.

"Ugh!" I face-palm myself. 

"See! I knew cutie was a cute name for you." Derek smiles triumphantly before getting up. "See ya later...cutie." He winks and walks back to his table.

"Aww..." Victoria coos.

"Shut up," I snap before shaking my head. God, I hate that guy.

Victoria and I make small talk while we eat. Our peaceful moment is ruined when I feel something cold running down my head. Before I knew it, I was soaked in pink lemonade. Victoria stares at me shocked and both of us look up to see Ritchy wickedly smiling at us.

"Whoops...so totes sorry. I tripped and splashed my drink onto you. It was a little accident." The way she said 'accident' made me want to kick her in the face. That monster!

Victoria gets up and confronts her while I try to wipe away the lemonade that got in my eye. "What. The. HELL RITCHY?!?" I yell. I ignore the silent caffeteria and all the staring people. I feel myself turning red with embarrassment and rage.

"I think you deserved that," Ritchy says proudly looking me up and down. 

"What the fuck?!? Why are you tormenting her? GET A LIFE, BITCH!" Victoria yells.

Ritchy looks rather taken aback and grunts, "Say that again to my face, hoe."

"She said: GET. A. LIFE. BITCH," I say and the next thing I know, my hair is being pulled by little miss Ritchy. I started to pull her hair while I glanced at Victoria. She was fighting with Ritchy's side-kick. Damn them, I'm going to win this. As I began to slap Ritchy, I felt myself being pulled away. "NO! LET ME FIGHT!" I scream. I look over to Victoria and she too also has been pulled away. She tries to squirm her way out of Aaron's arms. I look up to see Dylan holding me.

"Bitch! I told you to back off of Derek. This is your punishment," Ritchy yells. Oh so this is what its about... I search the crowd and my eyes land on a pair of dark hazel eyes belonging to Derek. 

@@@

Derek's POV

Ever since this fight between Alex and Ritchy started I was eager to stop it but I was afraid my reputation of being a bad ass will be affected so I chose against it. Alex was fuming and you can see it on her face. 

When her eyes landed on mine, I felt so pissed. Not at her. At Ritchy. I turn to Ritchy and say, "So this is all about me, huh? We were never together anyway. I am not your property. And I am not your boyfriend. And I have three very important words for you: LEAVE ALEX ALONE!" With that I storm away with Francis and Gabe following.

@@@

Alexandra's POV

In the end, the two ass hats, Victoria, and I of us got detention after school. Sucks huh? This wouldn't have happened if it weren't for Ritchy. Hate her guts.

~

Aaron eventually drove me home and I was ready to confront my parents. Aaron opens to door and we get in to see our parents standing in the living room with their arms crossed. "What happened to you today, Alex?" my mom asks sternly.

"I...got into a fight," I say while looking awkwardly at my shoes.

"What caused you to fight?" my dad asks.

"Well-" before I could finish, Aaron cuts me off. "Alex confronted the bitch who spilled lemonade on her head."

"Aaron language!" mom says.

"Fighting is not the solution. Always think before you act," dad states.

"I know! But-" I start.

"No 'buts'," dad says "I don't want finger pointing."

"Dad, it wasn't Alex's fault. She-" Aaron starts before getting cut off by dad raising his hand to stop him from talking.

My dad shakes his head and says, "No, I don't want to hear about any more fighting. Understood?" Both Aaron and I nod. "Go to your rooms. This conversation is over."

OOOHHH...Ritchy's a bitch, don't you agree? 

~ A ~