Chapter 11: Dad

It's another lazy Saturday, and I'm just sitting down eating chocolate as I watch T.V.. I seriously have nothing to do right now. Derek's busy this weekend, so no project. Aaron and my mom went grocery shopping, so no company. Dylan hasn't answered his phone after calling him and texting him a simple 'Hello'.

I pause the show and pull out my phone. I dial up Victoria and it starts ringing.  Come on...pick up... "Hello?" A voice on the other line says.

I sigh with relief and say, "Hey, Victoria. I'm so fucking bored! Are you busy?"

"Nope, actually I'm not. What's up?" she replies.

"Eh. Nothing much. Just watching T.V. You?" I unpause the show and watch quietly.

"Painting my nails," she giggles. "By the way, what the hell happened to you at the party yesterday?"

"Oh. Hehe. I had a mini arguement with Derek which actually flipped over to war," I say chuckling.

"Derek, eh?" She says. I swear. I could sense her wiggling her eyebrows and grinning.

My eyes avert from the T.V. and land on my awesomely awesome Batman socks. "W-well, it was nothing really," I say.

"You know? I really could see you guys hooking up. Like for realz."

I stare at my phone in shock. Why would she say that? "Vic, I have a boyfriend! By the way, what I said the other day about the little crush I had on Derek was a lie."

"W-WHAT? You're lying."

"Vic! I practically hate his guts. Look. One. He annoys me. Two. He threw a fucking FOOTBALL in my face on my first day. Three. When he smirks, it pisses me off due to his annoying smirk habbit. Four. He gets realy cocky most of the time. Five. He-"

Before I could finish, Victoria cuts me off, "Okay okay. Fine. But he does like you somehow. I could feel it."

"Ugh seriously? You're delusional."

Victoria gasps as though she were offended, "I am not."

My eyes trail back to the T.V. and I see the last bachelorette about to choose her bachelor. Oh no...NOT HIM...please no not him... I plead as I stand up slowly while staring intensely at the screen. And just my luck, the bachelorette chooses the one I wasn't rooting for. "NO! WHAT DO YOU SEE IN HIM! DAFUQ?!? YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS! UGH!" I yell as I slump back onto the couch.

"Well. Derek is cute, dreamy, handsome, hot, charming, and sexy. How could you not see that in him?" Victoria says suprised by my sudden outburst.

"N-no I wasn't talking about Derek," I say.

"Eh, whatevs." The doorbell rings and I get up.

"Hey, I got to go Vic. I'll call you later."

"Okay. Bye!"

"Bye." We hang up and I walk over to the door. As soon as I open it, My eyes widen in shock. "Dad?!?"

My dad sets down his luggage and before I blinked, I was in his arms. "Oh, Alex! I missed you so much!" He says.

"So did I, even though it's only been about more than week." I say as he releases me. "I thought you weren't coming back for at least two more weeks."

"Eh, I finished early, really early. I just couldn't stand not seeing you guys everyday."

"Aww...Thanks dad."

"Hey. Where's your brother and your mom?"

"Grocery shopping."

"Well, okay. Let's just wait for them and we'll go out for dinner at a nice restaurant. How's that?"

"YES! I'm starving." I say as he chuckles. He grabs his luggage and we head inside.

@@@

Derek's P.O.V.

"Hey Derek!" My best bud says as he enters the club along with my other friend.

"Hey Gabe. Hey Francis." I say as they sit down next to me at the bar. As you can see, Gabe and Francis are two of my best friends, though I've known Gabe longer. I've known him ever since we were little goof balls in fifth grade. He's been there with me through rough times, especially when we got numerous detentions due to our stupidity. Gabe is the quote-on-quote "dare-devil" of our little group, but BEWARE - he's a pain in the ass. I've only known Francis back in the beginning of freshman year. Francis is the weirdest out of the three of us. When I first came to his house, he had some sort of pudding cup collection. It took forever for Gabe and I to persuade him to throw them all out. Our little pack is well known throughout Waterwill. All thanks to our looks and the various activities we do: spray-painting the back walls of building, skateboarding into the police stations, setting fireworks and stink-bombs in the teachers' offices, and other stuff.

"Whatcha been up to?" Francis asks.

"Nothing really," I answer.

"Any news about that chick you've been flirting with?" Gabe asks.

I chuckle and say, "Well, there's some news."

"What are you waiting for? Spill," Francis says as if he were a teenage girl.

For the next twenty minutes, I told them EVERY detail about the deal I made with Alex and the project we're doing together. I also tell them about the beach party and about how we had a little fight, though I left out the part about her running faster than me.

"You two need to hook up," Gabe says as Francis nods in agreement.

"I'm trying to get her to like me but no avail," I say sadly. "I will win the deal, even if it's the last thing I do."

"You go dude," They both say. We chuckle and drink our beers. 

@@@

Alexandra's P.O.V.

As we waited for my brother and my mom to come home, my dad and I shared stories. He talked about his trip while I talked about school. We hear the front door open and mom and Aaron come in with the groceries. My dad and I get up and face them. The looks on their faces are surprisingly funny and full of shock.

"Well, hello," my dad says, smiling as he walks over to them.

"DAD!" Aaron says surprised as he engulfed him into a big hug.

"Hey, son," dad says as he releases Aaron and turns to mom. "And hello to my lovely wife."

"Oh Robbie, I missed you so much," mom says as she hugs and kisses him. 

"Let's put these groceries away and go out to dinner. We need some family time," dad says, smiling wider. 

"Sounds like a plan,"  mom says smiling back.

We put away all the food and head out to eat.

~

It was quite an interesting night. We spoke and told more and more stories as we laughed and smiled. The one thing that amused me was when Aaron accidentally bumped into a waitress on the way out. He got cake splattered all over him. Oh...Aaron, what will we do without you.

We get ready to sleep and head to our rooms. As I was about to turn down the lights, there was a knock on my door.

"Come in," I say as my dad enters my room and sits next to me on the bed.

He grabs my hand and I lean on his shoulder. There was some silence after that before he spoke, "I love you, sweetie. You know that right?"

"Of course I do. I love you too, dad." I say as he kisses my forehead, stands up, and walk out. I turn off the lights and smile to myself before I fell asleep.