Chapter 20: Legally Illegal

CS
~ Die Young ~
By: Ke$ha

Derek's P.O.V.

"DEREK! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE NOW! DON'T MAKE ME DRAG YOU DOWN MYSELF!" My mom shouts from the kitchen. C'mon... A few more minutes... I'm way too tired to even roll off the bed. "DEREK! I'M GONNA COUNT TO THREE! WHEN YOU'RE NOT UP UNTIL THEN..." Oh crap... "ONE..." Come on, Derek! Get up! "TWO..." This time I could hear footsteps making their way over to my door. 

"Okay! Okay! I'm up! I'm up! No need to come barging in." I plead as I scramble out of bed. I hear her mumble to herself and her footsteps fade as if she were retreating back into the kithcen. Whew...that was close. I can't believe that still works on me...

I shower and change into a black v-neck, black ripped jeans, and my black converse. I also throw on a black leather jacket to improve my sexiness. Yes, perhaps I am that cocky... I then slide down the stairs' banister accidentally landing on Miley at the end. 

"OW! YOU JERK!" She yells. "I TOLD YOU TO STOP SLIDING DOWN THE STUPID RAILING, DEREK!"

I chuckle. "Whoops...didn't see you there, miss. May I treat you to tea this afternoon and lets hit up on those scones as well. I bet you'll love the expensive savorish tea I will provide for you. No need to be such a brat." I say teasingly in a British accent. 

She mutters an insult and storms into the kitchen. I laugh silently at my victory and trot along behind her. "Hello, mom. If you haven't heard, I will be treating my dear sister to a tea party this afternoon. Would you like to join us?" I say as we both sit at the counter.

"Shut up, Derek." Miley warns with a red face.

"Okay okay. I will..." I hop off of my chair and come behind hers. 

She shoots me a confused look as she turns to look at me. "W-What are you doing?" She asks slowly.

"This." With that I grab hold of both of her hands and tickle her side. I laugh as I do so.

"AH! HAHA! D-DEREK! S-STOP! STOP! SSSTTOOPP!" Miley screams.

"Okay. Settle down guys." My mom says. "Eat your breakfast. You're going to be late."

Miley shoots me a death glare with I shoot her a 'I won this time and there's nothing you can do about it' glare. 

Our stare down was interrupted by mom's sudden question. "So. How's it going between you and Alex?"

"OMG! She is so nice and like totes so pretty! I love her! She's the best!" Miley exclaims.

"That's good to know, but I was asking your brother, sweetie." Mom says smiling.

"Fine..." Miley grumbles as she kicks my foot and continues eating her oatmeal.

"Well...good I guess." I answer.

"Are you two dating?" Mom asks as both me and Miley choke on your food.

"W-WHAT?" We both exclaim. 

"Well, you two looked like a couple from my point of view. I love how she snuggled up against you the last time she came." Mom says.

My eyes widen as I try to hold back a smile. "Y-You were spying on us? How-" 

"OMG! MOM! That's the exact same thing I was thinking! I thought you two were a couple when I saw you with her in your room!" Miley says excitedly. "I never pictured you with an actual girlfriend since you always have girls over."

"H-Hey! I'm not that desperate!" I say in attempt to defend myself. Still, Alex and I dating...hmm...as if that'll ever happen...