Chapter 23: Parties and Games

CS
~ Don't Stop The Music ~
By: Rihanna 

Derek's P.O.V.

"I still can't believe we were right about you liking Alex," Gabe said happily clapping his hands like a little kid.

Francis chuckles before slapping me on the back. "Congrats dude! Your first actual crush. I'm pretty impressed as well. She's a good pick, just saying."

"W-well, I don't know if I'm actually crushing on her. What if my mind is sending me mixed signals or-" I start before being cut off by Francis.

"Dude shut up. I know you like her. Gabe knows you like her. You know you like her. There's nothing wrong with that. I bet your brain is telling you what its telling you. YOU FUCKING LIKE HER, DEREK!" Francis grabs me by the shoulders and shake them rapidly. "Stop doubting yourself. You already know the truth. You. Like. Her."

Both terrified and understanding, I nod. "I-I guess you're right."

Suddenly, my phone beeps. I take it out from my pocket and look at the screen. "It's Ritchy. She's having a party tonight."

"Yeah. We got it too." Gabe says. I look up and see that both of them have their phones out. "Hey, Derek. Do you think she gave out an invitation to Alex?"

I shrug. "Let me ask." I open my text messages and press Alex then I start typing.

Me: Hey did you get an invitation from Ritchy?

It takes a while for her to respond.

Alex: Yeah so did Victoria...it's kinda weird since she hates my guts... :/

Me: True. Are you going? 

Alex: Idk. Parties aren't really my thing.

Me: Aww come on. You gotta put those books down and mingle.

Alex: What if I don't want to mingle? :(

Me: If you won't come, I'll make you...

Alex: What does that mean? It's not like you know where I live.

I laugh at her text recieving small chuckles from behind me. I look over to see Francis and Gabe reading over my shoulder. A small beep comes from my phone.

Alex: Hold on. I take that back... -.- 

Me: Yeah...so are you coming or do I have to go over there and drag you to the party myself?

Alex: Fine. Besides, Victoria is ranting about what I should wear at the moment. I'll see you later then, monkey-ass. ;P

Me: See you, cutie. ;)

"So?" Gabe asks after I put my phone in my pocket.

I look up and smirk at them. "Who's ready to party?"  

We arrive at Ritchy's house and see many teens sprawled across her front lawn. Music blasts and shakes the earth. "Wow..." Gabe says. "This is some party."

"Uh huh." I respond.

"Let's go." Francis motions us to follow him. We enter the large house and see that it is packed. Bodies grinding against each other as the music blasted, couples making out on the couch and in the corners of the room, people chugging down what I think is alcohol, and many people laughing their asses off. "Well, I'm off to get drunk. See ya!" Francis says before walking into the kitchen.