Chapter 17: The Bad Boy's Death Lair

CS
~ La La Land ~
By: Demi Lovato

"La da dee la da da la da da!" I sing as I skip down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Morning mommy-o. Morning daddy-o. Morning Aar- Wait where's Aaron?" I ask looking around for Aaron. 

"He and his friends went somewhere this morning. They had something important to do." My mom answers.

"Oh." I say as I walk over to the dining tabe and sit down. I begin to eat me cereal and then ask her. "What are they doing that's so important?"

She shrugs. "I don't know. Basketball or something. Anyway I have to go. Ready hun?" Mom asks as she turns to dad who is washing the dishes.

"Yup. Let's go. We'll see you later, Alex." He finishes up and grabs his stuff. 

Before they reached the door, I ask, "Wait! Do I have to walk to school today?" 

"Yes I'm sorry, sweetie. We have to go now bye!" Mom says as they hurry outside.

I sigh and finish up my breakfast.

~

I walk down the sidewalk listening to my iPod. "La La Land" by Demi Lovato starts to play and I sing along.

"I am confident but I still have my moments. 
Baby, that's just me.
I'm not a supermodel, I still eat McDonalds.
Baby, that's just me.
Well, some they say I need to be afraid of losing everything.
Because of where I had my start and where I made my name.
Well, everything's the same.
In the la-la land machine..."

Just then, I hear a loud honk coming from beside me. I whip my head around only to see the one and only Derek in his fancy, grey convertable. He says something, but I couldn't quite hear him. I pause my music, unplug my earphones, and say, "What?"

Derek sighs and repeats, "Do you want a ride to school? You look lonely."

I shake my head as I continued walking down the sidewalk with him slowly cruising beside me. "No thank you. Besides, I'm always lonely so thanks for the reminder."

I hear him chuckle and say, "Come on. If you want to get to school on time, you're going to have to ride with me."

"No can do, mister. I'm fine right here on the sidewalk."

"Come on, Alex."

"Nope."

"Please?"

"Nope."

"Pleeeaassee?"

"Nope."

Derek grunts at my stuborness and I hold my head up high in victory due to winning the arguement. I pop my earphones back on and continue the song as I sing along.

"Who said I can't wear my converse with my dress?
Well, baby, that's just me.
And who said I can't be single?
And I have to go out and mingle.
Baby, that's not me, no, no, no."

My song didn't go onto the next verse because I was suddenly lifted off the ground. My earphones where pulled out of my ears obviously not by me but by Derek. "H-hey! Put me down!" I yell as I pounded his back with my fists.

"No can do, cutie." He says mocking me from earlier. I groan and hit him harder this time. "Ow! What the hell?"

"Put me down!" I yell again.

"Okay." Once he said that, he plopped me onto the passenger's seat. "There you go." He rushes over to the driver's side and gets in. 

"UGH! Are you serious?!? This is an act of kidnapping!" I say as he starts to drive.