Chapter 10: War with Mr. Noodle Arms

"Get over here you ass!" I scream as I get up from the freezing water. Derek just laughs and runs down the shore line.

"Na na na na na, you're too slow," Derek says mocking me. My blood boils and then a memory came flooding back at me. I remember one little detail from a year back, I was one of the top three fastest track runners in seventh and eighth grade. Once I snap back to reality, I grin from ear to ear and accelerate. Before I knew it, I was right behind Derek.

"Boo!" I said attempting to scare him.

"AHH! WHAT THE F-" Derek was cut off with me pushing him into the water. He landed with a big SPLASH! "Dafuq?!?!" He said as he sat up rubbing his head.

"HAHA! YOU COULD HAVE SEEN YOUR FACE! PRICELESS!" I laugh histerically as I grip my stomach. 

"How? When? Who? Huh?" He asked looking confused.

I chuckle and say, "How: track. When: seventh and eighth grade. Who: me," I say confidently. Derek looked amazed and I couldn't resist but to pinch his cheek like he was a two year old. "Aww...did I leave Mr. I'mAlwaysTougherThanYou speechless?" I say with puppy dog eyes and a pouty face.

"No," he began, "You didn't leave me speechless. You left me furious." Derek lunges for me but I dodge him and run over to where everyone was chilling.

I spot Victoria with Aaron up ahead and I smile to myself. They're finally getting along. Both of them start to say something to me as I head toward them but I cut them off, "Hi! No time to talk. See you later! Bye!" I say as I glance over my shoulders to see Aaron glaring at Derek.

"Better not hurt my sister, Johns," Aaron says.

"Oh, you can count on me, Smith," Derek smirks and he runs after me.

Uh oh. I slow to a halt due to a freaking conga line in my way! "Shit," I mutter under my breath. I spot my escape just as a pair of strong arm wrap around me. I turn to see Dylan smiling down at me. "Hey babe," he says.

"Oh. Hi Dylan!" I smile nervously while sparing a glance a Derek's sprinting figure. "Uh can we talk later? I'm kind of in a pickle situation right now," I plead. Dylan nods and pecks my lips before letting me go. I return to my sprinting and dodge every figure that blocks my path to freedom. Just as I was about to escape, Derek bumps into me - hard - which sends us tripping toward the food buffet. We grab and hold on to each other getting ready for the impact. Three...Two...One...CRASH! I land ontop of Derek while he lays helplessly below me. 

"Oh god! Alex are you okay?!" Derek says getting up. I get up and off of him and say, "Yeah I'm alright."

Derek gets up and chuckles, "Hi, pudding face..." 

I widen my eyes and realize that I am covered in chocolate pudding from head to toe. I look up to see Derek covered in pizza cheese and fruit punch. "Hey cheese head," I remark giggling. Just as I finish, Bruce cuts his way through the crowd that has formed around us and screams, "What the hell is going on?" he turns to us and says, "NO! NOT THE PIZZA!" Both Derek and I mumble sorry and excuse ourselves so we can clean up. 

"This is all your fault," I say as a wipe pudding from my face.

"What? Pfft No! You declared war!" He exclaims.

"Well, you knocked into me which sent food flying everywhere."

"Hey! At least I broke your fall. That hurt, a lot!"

"Aww Mr. NoodleArms got a boo boo?" I say in a baby voice.

"It will be so much better if you kiss it," he smirked and winked.

"Ugh...cocky much? Plus you were the one who even started it by pushing me in the fricking ocean!"

"Hey! You called me Noodle Arms!" He pouted.

"Well....oh okay...fine..." I sigh in defeat. "BUT. You were getting all braggy and cocky and stuff."

"Fine," Derek says. "You win. I gotta wash up. See ya, cutie." 

'Ugh, new pet name huh?" I say rolling my eyes.

"Yup," he said smirking.

~

After washing up, I walk over to Dylan who was sitting on a log over by the camp fire. "Hey," I say as I sit down.

"Hi. What was that back there?" He questioned me while chuckling.

"Oh. That? That was just a silly war with Derek. By the way, I kicked his ass out there." I laugh.

Dylan ponders for a second before saying, "Derek huh?" 

I look at his brown chocolate eyes before saying, "Um yeah? What about him?"

"You've been spending a lot of time with him lately..." He states.

"W-well, we are partners for a project after all." I say.

"Not the answer I was looking for, but okay," he sighs. What did I do wrong?

Sorry for the hold up but here you go...another chapter. :P It's officially my tenth chapter and I would like to thank you guys for the support you've given me so far. Thank you, it means a lot! :D 

~ A ~