Chapter 5: The Science Project

"Come on Alex! Get out of bed before I drag you down myself!" My mom shouts from the kitchen.

I groan and hop out of bed. "I...hate...school..."

"What was that?" My sneaky mother asks popping her head through the door way, "Did I hear something?"

"Um no mom. I'm just uh going to shower."

"Okaaayyy....oh, and one more thing! Aaron said his friend, Dylan, offered to take you to school today," Mom says before walking out.

Yay....my boyfriend...

I strip and jump into the shower. After 15 minutes, I hop out and dry myself. I change into my red lace shell top, jeans, and red converse. I grab my bag and phone and run down the stairs to the kitchen. I see my food ready to be devoured so I sit down in front of my mom and start eating. 

"So, is Dylan a friend of yours?" My mom asks. Oh here we go...

"Um, yes" I say nervously, afraid of what she'll say next.

"Is he your best friend?"

"Sort of?" My response came out more like a question than an answer.

"Is he your boyfrien-" DING DONG! She was cut of by the doorbell ringing. Whew! Thank you doorbell!

"I'll get it" I offered. It was probably Dylan. I opened the door and like I said, it was Dylan. I got a split second to check out what he was wearing today. He had his hair spiked up and he was wearing a black shirt that displayed his muscles, navy blue ripped jeans, and white converse. Dang he looked hot!

"Hey, Dylan." 

"Hey, beautiful." 

I blushed at what he said.

"Oh! Hello! you must be Dylan. Nice to meet you!" My mom says behind me. "Ok I don't want you guys to be late so go on to school. Bye, sweetie," she says kissing my forehead and handing me my bag. "Bye, Dylan. It was nice meeting you."

"You too, Mrs. Smith," Dylan says as we walk away from my waving mother.

We get into the car and drive off. At first there was an awkward silence, but eventually I broke it, "You saved me from my mom's relationship questions."

"She knows about us?" Dylan asks.

"She was about to ask if we were a couple before you rang the doorbell and saved my life." I say as I rethink about that moment.

He chuckles and nods, "We're here." Oh great...school... We get out and walk into the massive building of death. Um if you've never heard the true meaning of school, here it is: S-C-H-O-O-L = Seven Crappy Hours Of Our Lives. Yup that's right.

Dylan walks me over to my locker and says his farewell and walks away. I grab my agenda and check what subject I have right now. Chemistry. Ugh I hate this subject but the lowest grade I've ever gotten in this subject was a B+. I hated myself for that. I grab my books and close my locker. I walk over to my class and my day begins. 

I walk over to a desk and sit down only to find out I was sitting next to Aaron's girlfriend, well, ex-grilfriend. I remember my promise with my brother so I intend to keep that promise.

"Hello," I say hoping she would pay attention to me.

The girl, Victoria (I think), turns to me and says, "Hi." I took this time to study her facial features. She looks so pretty. She had silky dark brown hair, high cheekbones, full pink lips, large brownish eyes, a perfect nose, and a nice facial and body structure. Dang, Aaron made a good choice. 

"I'm Alexandra, but just call me Alex for short," I say as I extend a hand to her.

"Victoria."

"So, uh, would you like to hang out during lunch? I would love to learn more about you, not intended in a creepy way," I said with a smile. I really wanted to learn more about her.

She laughs. "Sure. You know what, you're the only person who actually reached out to me. Well, besides Aaron." What? She got the looks and personality but no one actually offered her a chance to be friends. Well, I guess I'll be the first one. "Do you know Aaron?" She asks quietly.

"Yeah, actually, he's my older brother," I remark.

"Ah yes. He's told me about you." Victoria says quietly, sadness evident in her voice and facial expression.

"Ok Class! Listen up! There will be a huge science project assigned today and you will be working diligently for the next THREE MONTHS. Your projects will be 40% of your grade and if you fail this project, oh Lord so help me. I will assign partners and you will work in pairs of one boy and one girl. So let's begin. Jason and Amanda. Victoria and Matthew. Cruz and Hailey. Francis and Grace..." The list goes on and on. I wait for my name to be called, and what seemed like an eternity, she finally announces it. "And finally, Alexandra and Derek. I hope these arrangements are suitable because I will not be changing them. Now on to our lesson."

What the Hell??? Did that just happen? Me and Derek...No No No! This can't be happening!

I look back only to see Derek smirking at me. I quickly look back and wait anxiously for the bell to ring. After an hour, the bell rings and I zoom out of class. I fast walk down the hallway only to be pulled into a class room. I look up to see Derek looking down at me grinning. 

"The hell? Are you some ninja or something?" I ask, amazed at his speed.

Derek laughs. "Maybe. Why? Does it finally attract you to me?"

I scoff, "Pssh in your dreams."

"So, partner, what's our science project going to be?" He asks smugly.

"Uh uh..." I sputter.

"How opposites attract?" He raises his eyebrow, "How to create a connection?"

"I gotta go." I say nervously as I start to the door.

Derek reaches out and grabs my hand. "Don't walk out on me. I'm not finished yet." As he says this, he pushes me toward a wall and puts both hands on either side of my head to prevent me from moving. I whimper and he chuckles.

"You're shaking, little kitten." After saying that, he tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear. He starts to lean in but the door opens and a teacher comes in.

"Hey! What are you doing in here?"

I remain speechless as for Derek, he tells the teacher to 'fuck off'. The teacher then scolds us and gives us detention for today (Thursday) and the whole week next week.

Harsh.

"This is all your fault." I say as both of us walk out of the classroom.

"Well sorry princess but haven't you noticed that I'm an ultamate bad-ass?"

"Pshh! Yeah right."

"In fact, I'm so bad-ass, everyone follows what I tell them and eventually all the chicks end up loving the shit out of me."

"Egotistical much?"

"Oh yeah? Let's make a bet, I bet at the end of all this, you will leave Dylan and be mine."

Wait what? "What makes you think I'll be yours?" I say.

"I just know." He says in a way that makes me shiver.

"Fine, I bet I won't." I say will a little insecurity.

He smirks. "Deal?"

I gathered up all my courage and say, "Deal."

This was kind of long. I hope you liked it and tell me what you think so far. We're getting there...You just wait and see.....MWAHAHAHA!!!! 

~ A ~