Chapter 3: Date?

Once school came to an end, I walked over to my locker and met up with Dylan. 

"Hey, Alex. Ready to go?" He asks as I began to put my stuff away.

"Yup. Where are we going anyway?" I ask after closing my locker.

"It's a surprise," He answers wiggling his eyebrows,"Ok. Let's go."

Dylan grabs my hand and leads me outside to his car. I couldn't help but to look down at our locked hands and smile. It's just my first day and I'm already intertwining hands with a cute guy. Interesting, isn't it? 

We walk over to a shiny white Ford Focus. He opens the passenger door for me and I get in. Then, he jogs over to the driver's side and hops in.

"So...Are you going to tell me where we're going now?" I ask once he starts the car.

"Nope," he says popping the "p".

I roll my eyes sarcastically and look out the window. Minutes pass and the out-stretched road began to look deserted.

"Um Dylan? Where are we heading exactly?"

"You'll see," he says glancing at me with a playful grin.

Dang he looks so cute, but I'm worried he might kill me in the middle of no where.

I shiver at the thought.

No, he'll never do that. Let's just sit back and enjoy the ride. I wonder if-

"So, do you have a boyfriend?" he asks snapping me back to reality.

I was taken aback but answered the question honestly, "Uh, no not at the moment."

"Cool," He says looking relieved. I could've sworn I heard him mutter a 'yes' under his breath, "We're here."

I look out the window and my eyes land on a beautiful beach. The sand is trash free, the ocean looks crystal clear, and it appears as though it was a secluded beach.

I stare out the window for moment, mouth agape. I snap my gaze over to a smiling Dylan. "Whoa! Dylan, it looks so beautiful!"

"Just like you," He says looking into my eyes as I look away and blush.

"I brought stuff that will make the perfect picnic," He says as we get out of the parked car.

As he runs to the back of the car to retrieve the stuff, I take in the beautiful view. 

It'd be nice to live in a place like this...

Dylan comes back with a picnic basket and a blue blanket. "Come on. Follow me."

I do as he says and we make our way over to a spot on the sand that over looked the beautiful sunset and the clear blue ocean. He lays and spreads the blanket out down in front of me.

"Hey, wanna play truth or dare?" Dylan asks as he sits down on top of the blanket and pats the open space beside him motioning me to sit down. He opens the picnic basket, lays the food out on the blanket, and starts munching on a delicious looking chicken leg

"Sure! Truth or dare?" I say excitedly, plopping down next to him and grabbing a chicken leg for myself.

"Umm..." He ponders for a few seconds and finally says, "Dare."

Hmm...what should I do? Something humiliating or something that needs athletic ability? What about both at the same time? Oh yeah!

I mentally nod and smirk at my decision and say, "I dare you-"

"Oh god..." he says, taking another bite out of his food.

"to run around the beach, singing Wrecking Ball."

"That's it? It's not that bad."

"There's a catch though," I pause for effect, "You have to do it in your underwear."

Dylan stares at me, wide-eyed. "Shit! Your can't be serious! Nope! NUH-UH! You ain't makin' me!"

I flap my arms like a chicken and mock him, "BAKAWK! BAKAW-"

"Fine! Fine! I'll do it. Jeeze!" Dylan says defeated as he munches on the remaining meat on the chicken, plopping the bone into the picnic basket. He began stripping off his clothes until he was left standing with his gray boxers.

Damn, that six pack...

"So..Uh..just around the beach right?"

"Yup." 

"Okay, here goes nothing..."

Dylan began singing off tune and stubbling over sand as he ran. He came back, out of breath and mutters, "Jesus Christ." He catches his breath and says, "Your turn! Truth or dare?"

"Ah, Truth!"

"Dammit..uh..would you consider this a date?" He asks looking hopeful.

"A w-what?"

"A date, um, it doesn't have to though," Dylan says with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Um yeah, I guess."

His eyes flickered with happiness and hope. "Yes!" he whispered, "So, um, I know this is a little straight forward but...will you uh b-be m-my girlf-friend?"

Shocked by this question but I eventually said, "Yes."

This was an interesting first day...

Sorry I haven't been updating that much. I have finals all this week! D: The devil has a present for me! Bleh! Soooo....what do you think? Do you think Dylan is a good match for Alexandra? Hehe...

~ A ~