Chapter 27: You Can't Escape The Past

CS
~ Boulevard of Broken Dreams ~
By: Green Day

@@@

Alexandra's P.O.V.        

I ran. That's it, I ran. I ran away from that bastard, away from my problems, and away from all my misery. Once I came face to face with him, I just completely lost it. All the memories started flooding into my mind. "N-...S-STOP!" I screamed as I ran farther away, covering my ears.

Tears pricked my eyes and my vision became more and more blurry. I ran through the park, down the side walk, across the street, and then ran a few blocks away. I was panting and whimpering uncontrollably as I sat down on a lonesome bench. I slumped down and that's when I burst.

My tears broke free and my whimpers becaume louder. "Why? Why'd you fucking come back?" I yelped as I brought my hands up to my face and sobbed into them. I brought my legs up onto the bench and hugged my knees. I buried my face in between my legs and continued crying. "Why?"

Out of nowhere, it started raining. Great...Him and now this. I hear feet pounding in the distance. It was coming closer. Please don't be him. Please don't be him. the pounding stops and I feel like there's someone standing in front of me, staring down. "Alex?" A familiar voice says. I freeze and look up only to see Derek staring down at me with a worried expression. He was already soaked with rain water. Dripplets were visible on the tips of his dirty blond hair. His shirt was drenched and so were his pants. Water runs down his face as he stares at me with those beautiful brown eyes. "Are you okay?" He asks.

I shake my head and look back down. "I-Is he...g-gone?"

He bends down on one knee and lift my chin up, fixating his eyes on me. "Yeah. He said-" Derek stops short but then resumes, changing the subject," You don't look okay. You're pale and you're cyring. Plus, your expression looks like you've seen a ghost. Let's go over to my place and get dry. You might get sick." He says as I stay silent. 

Derek blinks and then lifts me up, carrying me bridal style. He walks over to his running car and sets me down on the passengers seat before closing the door. He walks over to the drivers side and gets in. We then drive off, away from him.

~

We arrive at Derek's house and he carries me inside. He directs me into his room and situates me on the bed. "Stay here. I'm going to get you a change of clothes." He says looking at me. I nod and he walks over to his drawer full of clothes. 

I take a look around his room and remember the last time I was here. I try to thing of something else besides him but nothing would work. My eyes tear up again and I whimper. 

"I couldn't find anything small for you but I bought out the largest shirt I could find. You could just wear it as a dress, I guess." Derek says showing me a large gray shirt. He puts the shirt down when he notices me crying. "Alex..."

"D-Derek." I cry out. He runs to me and sits down on the bed next to me. He encircles his broad arm around my back, pulling me into a hug. "I-I have something to tell y-you."

Derek rests his chin on my head and asks, "What is it? You can tell me anything."

I pull away from him, leaving a bit of space between us. I take a deep breath and exhale, preparing myself.

"You don't have to tell me, you know?" He says as he grabs my hand, interwining our fingers.

I sigh. "N-No. I want you to tell you." I take a deep breath them begin. "It began in sophmore year and I had this huge crush this guy in junior year. He was the whole package. Smart, funny, sweet, cute, a nice body. All the girls fell for his charms and so did I. I would always wish he would at least notice me. I was a nerd and the other girls were prettier than me. I thought I had no chance with him, but that wish eventually came true. We bumped into each other in the hallway. I was so shy and stunned I couldn't speak, but he seemed to lighten up the mood. We became closer as the days passed by. Conversations and jokes here and there. We hung out a lot after school. My feelings for him became greater. At one point I decided to confess my feelings for him. I told him I loved him and he said he felt the same way. I was overjoyed. We started going out. I became his girlfriend and he became my boyfriend. I had my first kiss with him, too." 

Derek squeezes my hand as I said that. I swallow and continue with a shaky breath. "It all went downhill from there. We almost did it, but I stopped him saying I wasn't ready. He got angry and left me. I was heart-broken. That's when I realized, all he really wanted was to get into my pants. Days pass and I haven't seen much of him. The only times I've actually seen him was in the hallway. T-Then, one day, he showed up at my house. He grabbed me and brought me into my room and threw me down onto the floor and s-started beating me." Tears fell from my eyes as Derek held my hand firmly. "I-I was terrified. I tried to cry for help but I was home alone so it was no use. After what seems like forever, he drags me onto the bed. He attempts to undress me as he struggles to keep me still. I stood my ground. I wasn't going to let that jerk take advantage of me. I was stripped down to my under garment, but before he could do anything else, Aaron runs into my room after hearing my cries. Both brutally fight until Aaron manages to kick him out. He told me that he would eventually find me and he will finish what he's started. Aaron demanded we moved to a new location without telling anybody after I informed my parents of what's happened. We all agreed so we moved near the high school Aaron was currently attending, Waterwill HIgh. Then here we are now." I finish with a shaky breath. 

I look up to see Derek clensing his jaw. "Does this bastard have a name?" He asks lokkig at me.

I gulp. "H-HIs name is Kale. Kale Roberts." 

Derek looks at me dead in the eye. His eyes turned dark like a black pit. "I swear. If that Kale guy lays a hand on you, I will make him regret it." His eyes soften as he pulls me into a hug. "I will never let him hhurt you again. I'll protect you, Alex. Even if it's the last thing I do."

Sorry for making you wait a bit. I was extremely busy with school. Short chapter but it was a huge one. Hope you liked it! Love you! <3 :D