Chapter 32: Alex Gone Missing

CS
~ Ghost ~
By: Ella Henderson

Alexandra's P.O.V.

I woke up feeling uncomfortable. I yawn and try to raise my arms to stretch, but something was wrong. I look down only to see that my hands and feet were tied tightly to a chair, my arms on the arm rests and my legs on the legs of the chair. I look around taking in the scene. I was in some kind of apartment tied to a freaking chair. Panic rises throughout my body and I start to breath heavily. Come on Alex. Calm down. It's just like in the movies, right? Just a little more...realistic. I have to get out.

I try my best to break free, but none of my stupid methods worked. That's when I found it. A knife. A knife sitting mockingly atop the kitchen counter. Sweat trickles down my forehead as I lick my lips and stare at the knife. I start scooting the chair closer and closer to the kitchen. Little by little. Inch by inch.

Then luck turned its back on me. The chair tips over and I fall sideways, smacking my head against the floor in the process. I squeeze my eyes shut as I wince and yelp in pain. Oh god that hurt! There's no way I could get the knife now...

My groaning stops once I hear a rattle off to the side. I turn my gaze over to what I believe was the front door. The handle twists and turns before the door swings wide open. My breath hitches in my throat when I spot Kale entering the room. You have got to be kidding me.

The bastard closes the door and locks it then automatically turns toward my direction. His eyes lower to the ground and lock with mine. "Tsk tsk tsk. Look what we have here." He began as he took a couple steps closer to me. "Alex, babe, what on earth are you doing?"

"I-...You-" I tried to talk but I was too weak. My breathing was ragged and the pain in my head was pounding against my skull.

"Now. Now. You musn't speak. You seem too tired..." Kale walks even closer. He reaches out, grabs my chair, and sits me up right. "...and weak like a helpless little worm." He smirks an evil smirk that sends shivers down my spine. 

"Let me go, you sick bastard." I said weakly.

"Now why would I do that?"

"Because!"

"'Because' what?"

"Kale, I'm not in the mood for games. Let. Me. Go." I said sternly, looking into his dark green eyes.

He returns my stern gaze and says, "Neither am I."

I glare daggers at him. "Fuck you!"

Kale stares into my eyes a little while longer. Something flashes in his eyes just for a brief second and, the next thing I know, he walks toward the kitchen. I watch his every move and notice that he was heading straight toward the knife on the counter. He grabs it by the handle and walks back toward where I was helplessly sitting.

"W-What-What are you doing?" I stammer.

Kale doesn't say anything. Instead, he keeps walking as he stares into my eyes with an unreadable expression.

"Kale. Stop."

Closer.

"K-Kale. I said stop."

Closer.

He raises the knife a bit higher, the blade pointing toward my cowering figure.

I close my eyes and scream, "KALE! STOP! I SAID-"

I was interrupted by the sound of cutting. I open my eyes and look down. Kale was cutting the rope. He was cutting the rope that bound me against the chair. He was cutting it. What...