Chapter 6: The Devil is Evil

The rest of the following week went by in a blur. I attended detention thanks to Derek and I started to hang out with Victoria more. It is now Friday and I am impatiently waiting for the day to end. Just five more seconds...five...four...three...two...one... 

The bell rings and I gather my stuff with Victoria doing the same thing. "So do you want to hang out today after we're outta here?" My new best friend asks.

"Sure. I have nothing to do anyway," I remark.

"Cool! Ok, Mall?" Victoria asks, "We can take my car."

"Ok." I say as we head out of class. We walk over to our lockers and put our stuff away. During the past few days, I noticed Victoria's locker was just three down from mine. We were happy about the discovery. I was going to turn to talk to her but I was blocked off by a tall girl and a mean looking red head. She was blonde with full pink lips and a rather good looking face but was the type of girls that smash their faces with pounds of make up. She's dressed kind of slutty, no offence to her but she kinda does. Mini-skirt, 6-inch heels, a top that showed off her breasts, trust me, she looks like one of those girls who made out with every guy on earth.

"Hello, nerd," She bickers. "You look rather crappy today."

"Excuse me?" I say feeling offended by her choice of words. 

"You heard meh...Kiki, gum," She snaps while her 'Kiki friend' gives her gum. "I, Ritchy Pattenson, rule this school and there's nothing you can do about it. Except maybe back off of my guys, especially Derek."

"As I was saying, excuse me?" I snap back.

"Ehem, Ritchy, can you not pick on my friend?" Victoria backs me up.

"Oh look, the single slut. Nice to see you too Dick Vic," Ritchy says with a fake smile.

Victoria looked like she was about to cry so I took my place in the arguement. "Why don't you just shut up and leave us alone," I say pushing past the idiots, dragging Victoria along with me.

"I'm not finished with you, Smith! Plus your brother is great in bed," Ritchy bickers.

"Shut the fuck up," I mumble under my breath as Victoria and I walk out the building. We get into Victoria's car and drive off to the mall.

"Sorry about that. Ritchy can be a bitch sometimes," Vicortia says breaking the silence.

"Let me rephrase that. Ritch can be a bitch ALL the time," I say. "I can't believe she slept with my brother!"

"Well I guess we both take the impact," She says sadly. We arrive at the mall and walk in.

"I'm so glad it's Friday!" I say, lightening up the mood. Victoria giggles and asks, "Clothes or shoes."

"I think I need some more converse. Mine are beaten up already," I say as we both giggle.

"All right let's go," Victoria says.

We spent the rest of the day shopping and eating. It was one fun day. Eventually, Victoria dropped me off at home. I entered my room, dropped my shopping bags, and plopped down in bed, not really in the mood for changing. I was then engulfed by blackness as I fell asleep. What a day...