Chapter 19: What Are We?

CS
Good Time ~
By: Owl City and Carly Rae Jepson

"Okay." Derek says as he claps his hands together happily, "Let's get this damn project going!"

"You seem awfully cheerful considering this is school work." I point out as I take out the things we need for our volcano model.

"Well," He starts, "I just want to get this crap over with so I can go back to making out with hot chicks."

Um...Ewww? To be honest, somehow that hurt me... "W-What?!" I muster.

Derek laughs, "I was just joking. Don't take it seriously. Unless you do want me that much, say the words and I'll make you feel pleasure all over your body." 

My eyes widen and stare at his smirking face. "S-Shut up. I wouldn't want your disease anyway." 

"Pfft...I know you want me bad." Derek says as he walks over to me. "I can see it written on your face."

I scoot back until my back hits the wall. "How cliché..." I mutter silently. This somewhat reminds me of what romance movies are like. The girl get trapped between the wall and some hot guy. In the end, they make out and all that stuff. Oh, god...his face is right in front of mine! No! The butterflies are here to eat me once again! I close my eyes, terrified of what will happen next.

After a few seconds pass, I hear deep chuckling. "You're so cute when you're terrified." I open my eyes to see Derek tilting his head as he looks at my red face. "Well, let's get to work, cutie!" He announces as if nothing happened in the past minute. He called me cute... Doesn't he always? He calls me cutie most of the time, but this was different. Cute, huh? Seems as though he was complimenting me...

@@@

Derek's P.O.V. 

For the next hour, we construct our volcano. Actually, I take that back. I'm letting Alex do all the crafting while I sit back and relax. Ahh...this is the life... 

My thoughts are interupted by Alex. "Hey! Why don't you do something instead of lying there like a fat lazy cat?!" I ignore her and close my eyes as I stay lying down on the bed.

"Shoot!" Alex curses. I jump up to see her whole body covered in paint. I try to hold in my laugh but it just burst out. "Quit laughing, monkey-ass! This isn't funny!" Alex yells as her face grew red.

"W-What happened anyway? The volcano hasn't even exploded yet." I say as I try to retain my laugh.

"I tried to open the paint can and somehow it opened and got to point where it exploded all over me." She huffs. 

"Wow...clumsy as always." I chuckle. This is quite amusing.

"Well, I wouldn't be covered in paint if you would've just helped me." Alex's stare turns into a nasty glare.

I sigh and get up from the bed. "Fiinnee. I'll help you." I walk over to where she was working and all I see is this crappy looking blob on a wooden board. "What the hell is this?" 

"The volcano, duh." She answers rolling her eyes.

"I don't think this is a volcano at all. It looks like cow poop." I say as I poke at the model.

"Fine, Mr. Judgemental." Alex says sarcastically, "I'd like to see you try to make a volcano."

"Okay." She looked quite taken aback by my confident answer. I put my serious face on and get to work.

~

"Ta-da!" I announce as I finish the model. Alex's eyes widen in surprise. "Now, this," I begin gesturing to my master piece, "is a volcano."