Chapter 18: Little Miss Johns

Picture of Miley Johns on the side. Played by Ariel Winter. Ain't she purtty? :P

CS
~ Fancy ~
By: Iggy Alalea

I can't believe my eyes. It's Derek's sister. Derek Johns has a sister. I hesitate before saying, "Oh hi! I'm Alexandra. Nice to meet you." I shake her hand firmly and smile. 

Our hands depart from each other and she speaks again. "Oh I know. Derek has told me a lot about you." Wait what?

I look over to Derek as he begins to clear his throat. "I-Is that so?" I ask. 

"Well," he begins as he glares daggers at Miley. She takes a seat down beside me on the bed, "apparently, Miley's a liar so I wouldn't believe her if I were you."

"The only liar here is you, Derek." Miley says as she rolls here eyes. 

"Well, if we're both considered liars, at least I'm the good looking one." Derek smirks as he boasts about his good looks. 

To be honest, that is true...

Both siblings turn to me with confusion in their faces. Confused, I ask, "W-Why are you guys looking at me like I just stabbed a pineapple?" 

"You said something earlier about something being true." Miley point out. Oh shit...did I say my thoughts out loud?

"We're you talking about me being so irresistibly sexy?" Derek asks cockily. 

"N-No of course not!" I say quickly. 

"Your red face says otherwise." He rolls his eyes as he smiles. That smile is so cute. Hold on...what has gotten into me?

I shake my thoughts away and ask, "So, Miley. How old are you exactly?"

"Thirteen."

"Cool. How's life being a teenager?" I ask as I turn to face her. 

"Good I guess...except I have to deal with..." She pauses and glances over my shoulder. "That." She whispers pointing to a glaring Derek. 

"Okay! That's enough chit chat. Time to get to work and time for you at leave. Now, shoo! Scat!" Derek announces as he pushes Miley toward the doorway. 

"But Derek! I wasn't finished talking to Alexandra." Miley pleads as she glances back at me for help. 

I nod understanding her and I get up from my spot on the bed. I walk over to Derek and say, "Yeah, Derek. We weren't finished talking. We've only just met and now you're pushing her away. How rude." 

Derek scoffs. "I don't care." He says sternly. "Besides, I wouldn't want this rodent roaming around my room." 

Miley's eyes widen at the statement. "Oh no you did not just go there."

"Oh yes I did." Derek answers.

Miley gives me a look I somewhat understand. I think she wants me to ambush him and that I will do. 

Hmm...I wonder if he's ticklish... I get behind Derek and position my hands centimeters away from his sides. Before long, I plant my hands onto his sides and tickle him. 

Derek's eyes seem to widen at the sudden turn of events and bursts out laughing. He doubles over and rolls onto the floor. "Good job!" Miley says excitedly as we high five and laugh at Derek who is now seated on the floor. 

"H-How'd you know I was ticklish?" He asks surprised. 

"I don't know. Must've been a lucky guess." I shrug as I smirk down at him. 

He starts to get up. "You do know l need to punish you right?"

"Uh oh..." Miley and I say at the same time. 

"Uh oh indeed." and with that he jolts up and we break into a run. 

"Follow me!" Miley says as she takes the lead. I follow closely behind her. Heavy footsteps could be heard behind me. 

"Run faster!" I say. Miley nods and we run down the staircase. I almost slip but I manage to keep my balance. 

His footsteps could still be herd but a little farther away. At last we hit the bottom and we run through the living room. 

"Boo!" Dere jumps in front of us out of nowhere. 

"AH! RUN!" Miley screams as we dodge his flailing arms. We round the couch and spot Derek waiting for us on the opposite side. 

"Oh no." I whisper under my breath. I try to move to my right but Derek mirrors my movements. 

"You know. You can always give up and turn yourself in for punishment. 
Just get it over with." Derek suggests with a mischievous grin. 

"NEVER!" I yell as I break into a sprint. I grab Miley's hand and run into the kitchen. We avoid the counters and the lone island and run out the back door. Heavy footsteps can be heard in the distance. We don't think, we just run. 

Surprisingly, they have a huge backyard. Swimming pool, garden, and a huge grassy lawn. We sprint down the grassy yard. "Let's split up." I whisper to Miley. She nods in agreement and we depart from each other. 

"What the?" I hear Derek swear in the distance. Haha we tricked him! Good luck catching us now, Derek. Just then, I hear loud footsteps pounding behind me. Oh no. He's gaining on me. I push my legs to the limit and speed through the bushes and flowerbeds. 

Thump...thump...thump... It seems as though he's slowing down. "Haha! Too fast for you huh? I bet-" Before I could finish Derek jumps out in front of me. I shriek and skid to a stop. 

"Get over here!" He yells as he reaches for me. I stumble out of his reach and fall butt first onto the ground. Derek inches closer to me as he chuckles. That evil smirk is...kind of cute in a way...UGH! Stupid feelings!

I scoot away and just before he was going to grab me, Miley comes out of nowhere and jumps onto his back. "AH! MILEY!" He yells in surprise. 

"GO NOW! RUN ALEX RUN!" Miley screams. And I do just that. Here we are again, running... I run through the side of the house and almost bump into someone on the way out. 

"Oh my! What's the hurry, Miley?" An older woman says. She looks to be in her thirties, early forties plus she's beautiful. "Oh wait...you're not Miley... Sorry about that."

"Oh no. I should be the one who's sorry. I was the one who almost ran into you. My bad." I pant.

"Oh dear! You look dreadful! Why are you panting so hard?" She asks and just as she finished, Derek ran through the opening to the side of the house with Miley following right behind. "Did they do this to you?" She asks as she glares at Derek and Miley. 

"Oh um-" I began. 

"Hi mom! Derek's been the one chasing us! I'm not the one to bame." Miley says as she slapped Derek upside the head. 

Derek winces and says, "Ow! M-Mom...she's lying..."

"Stop it the both of you." Their mom says.

"Mom this is Alexandra. Alex, this is my mom, Rachael Johns." Derek says rubbing the back of his head. 

"Oh nice to meet you, Mrs. Johns." I say politely as I shook her hand. 

"Just call me Rachael, sweetie." She chuckles. 

"O-Okay..." I answer. 

"Anyway, mom, we were in the middle of making our scientific model for our report. Now will you excuse us..." Derek says formally as he made his way over to me and grabbed me by the hand. My hand... He started to walk away, pulling him with me. 

"D-Derek..." I begin. 

"Hold on...are you guys...together?" Rachael asks with eyebrows raised as she eyes our clasps hands. 

"No!"
"Yes!"

We both look at each other. "Derek..." I say wide eyed at what he just said. He considered us a couple...damn these feels...

"So are you? Or..." Rachael asks.

"Nah mom...I was joking. We're just friends" Derek answers. Feelings shattered. 

"Okay...if you say so..." She says as she starts toward the house. "Come on Miley...let's leave these two to work."

"Aww but mom, we were having so much fun!" Miley whines. Rachael gives her a stern look and Miley sighs. Both girls enter the house leaving me and Derek alone outside. 

"So...shall we go in now?" I suggest. 

"Sure..." Derek says. I start to walk but he grabs me by the waist. I look up in him in surprise. What the heck? "Why are you trembling?"

"W-Why are you holding me?" I ask quietly. But seriously, why is he doing this? And why isn't this stupid butterfly feeling going away! 

"Stop harassing me, Derek." I warn in a shaky voice. 

He chuckles and says, "I like to hold you like this...though this won't be the last time we'll be in this position." What does he mean by that? He laughs once again. "You're so red! Haha! Anyway, let's go on in."

"Y-Yeah, good idea..." I say cautiously. What's gotten into him? More importantly, what's gotten into me?

Hello! I hope you guys had an awesome Halloween...Thanksgiving is coming up and so is Christmas. I'm gonna eat so much...don't judge... Anyway, remember to...well, you already know what to do :P Love You! :D <3