Chapter 28: Microwave Problems

Picture of Kale on the side. Played by Sam Strike.

CS
~ Angel with a Shotgun ~
By: The Cab

Derek's P.O.V.

After Alex told me about her past with that douche, Kale, I made a promise to myslef that I would protect her no matter what. I can't believe she had to go through all that trouble. I fucking hate that guy... Who does he think he is, hurting my Alex like that? 

I was too lost in my own little world of hate until I was snapped out of it by a light snore. I peered down and caught a glimpse of Alex sleeping peacefully. Though her eyes were puffy and her lips were dry, she was still beautiful. I look over to the over-sized shirt I was holding and sigh. She has to change out of those clothes. I'd hate to see her sick... But how will I... I furrow my eye brows thinking the problem over. Alex wouldn't mind if I changed her myself, right? After debating whether or not I should take the risk, I decided to go for it. After all, she might get sick. 

I slowly peeled her shirt off, making sure not to wake her. My hands were brushing up against her cold skin. Okay Derek. Now's not the time to be a horny bastard. I gulp as I remove her shirt completely. She looks hot in a black-lacey bra... Derek. Stop. I pull my grey shirt over her head. I pick her up and lay her gently on the bed before taking her boots off and unbuttoning her jeans. I can't wait to see under that- Derek! I remove her jeans and plop it onto the floor. Black bra and black panty? Sexy! Derek! Shut the fuck up! I take a deep breath and roll down the shirt so that it reaches her knees. Finished...and I'm not going any further.

I quickly change in the bathroom and return into the room. I pick up her clothes and drop them near the door before laying down next to Alex. I pull the blanket over the both of us and drape my arm around Alex, holding her tight.

"I'll protect you...Alex" I said before drifting off to sleep.

~

I woke up to the sound of my dear sister screaming. "DEREK!" She yelled from downstairs. 

I groaned and tried to get up only to feel something on top me. I look down and see an arm slung across my torso. My eyes travel up the arm and located who it belonged to. Alex... I stare at her sleeping figure and smile slightly to myself. She sure is beautiful. 

I'm snapped out of my trance by a crazed looking Miley barging into my room. "DEREK! HOW THE HECK DO YOU WORK THE MICROWAVE! I'VE BEEN AT IT FOR-" She looks down at me and her eyes widen once she realizes I'm not alone. "Oh god...poor girl. She probably has STD or maybe even herpies. Poor, poor girl."

I glare at Miley. "How the hell do you know all that? You're only like what? Nine?"

Miley returns the glare as she crosses her arms. "Um, in case you didn't know, there's something called sex ed. Oh, and FYI, I'm thirteen." She says while giving me the 'duh' face.

I roll my eyes and sit up, not forgetting to carefully place Alex's arm off of me. "We didn't have sex, Miley." I say softly, remembering the events from last night.

"Then explain why that poor girl is sleeping on your bed?" She asks with raised eyebrows.

I sigh. "S-She's had a rough night."

Miley gives me a sarcastic 'Mhm' before walking over to the side of my bed. "Hmm. Let's see who the mystery gal is." She lifts the covers and peers down. Miley's eyes widen in surprise and jumps back, hitting her leg on the nightstand in the process.