Chapter 8: Best Friend Say What?

Derek's POV

"DEREK! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE NOW. YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE TO SCHOOL!" My mom shouts from the kitchen. I groan and get off my computer. I shuffle out the door and into the kitchen.

My mom turs to face me and says, "There you are. You need to be faster next time. Grab a sandwich and head to school." I chuckle and shake my head as I grab my breakfast and kiss my mother's forehead. Off to hell...

~

I arrive at school and hop off my bike. I spot Alexandra over by the tree with her friend, Victoria. That sight was blocked off and was replaced by a grinning Ritchy. "Hey, babe," she says attempting to sound sexy.

I groan and say, "Ritchy, we've been over this. Stay away from me. I don't need your annoying ass in my way ever again."

"Ooo playing hard-to-get, huh? Well it's certainly turning me on," she says running her hand up and down my arm.

I pull my arm away from her and confidently say, "Well your constant pleading is turning me off." With that I walk away sparing a glance at Alex before opening the doors.

@@@

Alexandra's POV

After witnessing the whole 'Ritchy and Derek romance' I have come to realize that I was boiling with anger and hate and my hands were balled up in fists. 

"Um...Alex, are you ok?" Victoria asks placing a hand on my shoulder. 

"Oh uh yeah I'm totally fine," I say, "We should get going to class." Victoria nods at my suggestion and we head inside.

I head to science after my visit to my beloved locker. I sit down where I normally sit, next to Derek, and start taking down whatever was on the bored. 

Derek leans over to me and says, "Sup."

I don't know what came over me but I just ignored his greeting. I was still boiling over what happened between him and Miss Slutty this morning.

"What? No 'Hello' or 'Hi Derek, you look hot today, as always,'" Derek says in his girly voice.

I giggle and say, "Wow. You could make a really good girl someday. You should get a gender change." 

"Now now, Alexandra, no need to be mean." The way he says my name is so...I can't even describe it. It feels good when he says it.

"Is someone talking in my class?" Mrs. Jones says.

Derek and I shut up and chuckle. You know what, He's not so bad after all. After I mentally said that, Derek starts throwing paper in my hair. Nevermind, he's the death of me.

~

After school, Victoria and I were just talking under our special tree - the one where we always hang out at. Then Bruce came up to us and said, " Hey guys, I'm throwing a party over by the beach tonight and was wondering if you guys would like to come."

"I'm not sure if-" I start but Victoria cuts me off. "Sure, we'd love to come!" I turn to face her and give her my death stare. She just shrugs and turns toward Bruce.

"Oh and by the way, Aaron's going to be there. Just so you know," Bruce says and walks away.

I groan and slap Victoria on the shoulder. "OW! What was that for?"

"Ehem. Do you know what you just did?" I say.

"I just accepted a friendly invite to a party. What do you think?" She says acting like I was dumb.

"Ugh! I don't do parties, Vic! I don't like being around drunk people. It's so scary," I say frustrated.

"Well then, this is going to be your first," my loving best friend says. 

"Fine," I say crossing my arms. Just then, Derek decides to make an entrance and sits next to me.

"Sup," he says looking smug.

"Um...Hi Derek," Victoria and I say in sync.

"Gosh. I'm not trying to be creepy. Just stopping by to say hello," he turns away looking hurt.

"Well, sorry," I say rolling my eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"I just came to ask," he begins while turning to face us. "if you fine ladies are going to the beach party tonight."

"Yup!" Victoria says rather perky. "Thanks to me, Alex will be going to her very first party!" Oh joy...

"Hehe. Yay. Party...woo hoo," I say sarcastically.

"Well since it's a beach party, you better wear something hot if you want to make it memorable," he says with a wink and a smirk. He gets up and walks backward saying, "I'll see you there." Then turns and walks away.

I turn to see Victoria smirking at me. "What?" I ask her.

"I have a feeling that he likes you," she says winking. Oh no! Derek likes me? Pfffttt....What? No... "and I have a feeling that you like him," she states wiggling her eyebrows. 

"Weeeelllll....maybe just a little crush..." I say, "but I'm dating Dylan so Derek's out of the picture."

"Is that a love triangle I smell? We HAVE to get you a hot bikini." Victoria says jumping up and down. Oh joy...

Well...this took a while. Sorry that took time but I had surgery not too long ago and I needed time to recover. D: Lucky me. I hope you guys liked this chapter. There will be more hot stuff in the next chapter since there will be a BEACH PARTY. ;)

~ A ~