Chapter 26: Falling Into a Black Abyss

CS
~ I Just Wanna Run ~
By: The Downtown Fiction

To be honest, my New Year's was pretty bummed. Apparently, I was watching some movie on Netflix and then it got to the point where I eventually fell asleep. I slept from eight in the evening up until two in the morning. Six hours... On the bright side, there were no parties going on, well, at my place, that is. That's one less problem. Enter Ariana Grande... My parents went to some party with their friends and co-workers. Aaron went out as well. While everyone was out partying, I was here stuffing pizza in my mouth as I watched movies all night long. Bummer right?

It's Friday, a day after New Year's, and I'm still sitting on the couch lazily browsing Netflix. School is still out and I have no idea what to do with my life. Derek and I finished our reports for our science project a few days ago, and we are extremely grateful. Enter Ariana Grande once more... 

Giving up on browsing for a good movie to watch, I get up and walk over to my fridge. I open the freezer and pull out a carton of Rainbow Sherbet. Being the lazy pig I am, I just grab a random spoon, sit back down on the couch, pop open the lid, and start devouring the delicious substance. 

DING DING!

I glance at my phone and see that someone has sent me a text message. I pick it up and unlock my phone.

Derek: Happy New Year, cutie! ;)

Derek...

Me: Yeah. Yeah. Happy New Year, monkey-ass. :P

Derek: What are you up to?

Me: Oh, nothing. Just watching movies and eating ice cream.

Derek: Wow... You're such a loner, Alex.

Me: Well, thank you kind sir. You're very kind and respectful. How sweet. -.-

Derek: I could just hear the sarcasm in that...

Me: No shit.

Derek: Are you sick?

Me: No. Why?

Derek: Idk. You're a bit moody today. 

Me: Why, thanks...

Derek: Say, let's go out.

My fingers freeze. Let's go out? As in like a date? What do I do? What do I say? After a few seconds, Derek texts me.

Derek: Don't worry, cutie. It's not a date. Unless, You want it to be. ;)

Me: No thanks.

I'm somewhat disappointed that it wasn't a date

Derek: Lol. So? Are we up for it?

Me: Sure. 

Derek: Ok. I'll pick you up at your house around 2?

I glance at the clock. 1:05 PM... About an hour to get ready...

Me: Ok. See you then.

Derek: Wear something comfortable. See ya later, cutie. ;)

I smile slightly at our text conversation but then realize the time frame. 55 minutes to get ready... I jolt up and run upstairs into my room. Luckily, the rest of my family are out somewhere so that means no one will interogate me and my hasty actions. I ransack my closet in search for a descent outfit. I slip on my nice lightly washed ripped jeans and a top with the American flag printed on it. Then, I brush my tangled hair and put it up in a messy high bun, letting a few strands of hair slip out. I slip on my boots, clip on the necklace that Derek gave me for Christmas, and then grab a small purse, placing my necessary needs inside.