Chapter 15: Trust Issues

What? It's not possible. How could I have forgotten about Kale. That back-stabbing, ass-faced, unloving, heartbraking, abusive, mindless, ruthless, jerk! He meant everything to me, and he had to crush me. The question is, why did I dream of him? Well, it was more like a nightmare but why? Ugh...I hate this...

I got up and took my morning shower. I got out and got dressed up for school. I slipped on my white 5 Seconds of Summer shirt, my jeans, a leather jacket, a beanie, and white converse. I made sure I had my backpack with me before I left to go downstairs. 

I grunt as I sat down and I can feel my brother's eyes on me. "Good morning?" he says as if he was scared to confront me. I just nod in reply.

"What's got your ass all droopy and moody today?" he asks taking a sip from his mug. 

Silence. I don't really want to talk right now...my dream was so horrible, it put me into a silent-but-terrified kind of mood.

"Hey."

Silence. I just look down at my cereal.

"Hey, Alex."

Silence.

"Come on. You can't ignore me forever."

Silence.

"ALEX! FOR FUCK'S SAKE! JUST TALK TO ME!" he yells a bit loudly. This catches my attention and my head whips up. Aaron squints his eyes at me. "Hey. If there's something bothering you right now, just tell me. Come on, I'm right here." he says concerned.

I sigh before straightening up. "I'll tell you on the way to school." I say in a whisper. He nods before gulping down his coffee and placing the mug in the sink. "Get ready.We're leaving in five" I nod before heading upstairs to brush my teeth and grab my bag.

~

"So what's up with you and your deadly silence?" he asks rather jokingly.

I sigh. "Aaron, this is kind of serious so stop with your jokes and just listen to me." He shuts up and motions me to continue.

"It's him." I say in the tiniest voice I could muffle. I play with my hands before hearing my brother clear his throat.

"S-so, you mean to tell me that you saw him?" he asks.

"Mhm. He was in my dream, or preferably nightmare" I agree.

Aaron furrows his eyebrows as he glances at me and says, "Is this 'him' relating to someone in the past?" I nod. "Is this 'him' a past boyfriend of yours?" I nod. "Is it Kale?" I hesitate and gulp down the knot in my thoat before nodding. Aaron grip tightens on the steering wheel. "Isn't he the one who-" 

"Aaron. I don't really want to talk about it right now." I cut him off. He pauses for a second before nodding. We drive into the parking lot and Aaron parks the car in an empty space.

"Um..." Aaron hesitates as if deciding wether or not to say something.

"What is it?" I ask concerned.

"W-well. Uh. This is harder than I thought." He mumbles. I just wait for him to continue.

"J-just...try not to get mad at Dylan." he says.

I furrow my eyebrows and squint my eyes at Aaron. "W-wait, why would I get mad at Dylan? He hasn't even done anything to me."

"W-well...nevermind. Just be careful okay?" he says worriedly as I nod slowly, confuzed. "Stupid boy. Told him not to do this." he mumbles quitely as though I could'nt hear him. I squeeze his words into my head before opening my door.