forty four

guess who's back

back again

zara's back

tell a friend :D

Eve's POV

It's funny how fast time seems to fly by, most of my days having been spent at the restaurant this past week. A few of our staff were away on holiday, so there were more available shifts which meant more money for my upcoming college funds and plans to move out as soon as I finished school. It also meant more hours working with Zayn, and hearing about his elaborate plans for his and his girlfriend's one year anniversary tonight.

I shot him a smile, wishing him good luck for his date before heading out the door and to my car after my shift was over. It was a Saturday afternoon and Scott let me leave work early after the lunch time rush had died down, leaving me in the lurch since I wasn't due to be at Harry's for another few hours.

I considered going home for the remaining time, but Liam and Sophia were currently out visiting some of Sophia's family that lived in the area, and I really didn't have any desire to see my Mum because she'd probably start yelling at me like she always did.

It had been a little over a week since Harry told me he was ready to tell Alice about us. Of course, I was absolutely in favour of the idea, because it would be so much easier not having to hide our relationship away even in the comfort and privacy of his own house.

I figured it wouldn't hurt arriving a little earlier than planned at Harry's, hoping that they would be back from their shopping trip in town that Harry mentioned a few nights ago. Alice had been wanting some new books, and Harry had asked if I wanted to go with them, but I had to decline due to my shift at the restaurant. The ride to his house was filled with thoughts of how we'd break the news to Alice, how she'd react and what she'd think of us being together. Alice was a massive part of Harry's life, and it would be heartbreaking if she of all people had a problem with us being together.

"Oh hey," Harry beamed, opening his front door to find me on his doorstep once I had drove across town. He raised his wrist to glance at his watch, frowning once he saw the time. "You're early, babe, very early."

"I know, I got let off work early, hope you don't mind," I smiled, squeezing through the small gap between his body and the doorframe so he wouldn't be able to reject me.

Harry shook his head, amused at my actions whilst he shut the door behind us. He leaned himself back against the wood, looking me over hesitantly, his eyes then shooting towards the hallway.

"How was your day? Did you and Alice go and get some books for her?"

"Yeah," he replied a little vaguely, his eyes still trained in the direction of the empty hallway, flitting back to me a few times to try and show me he was listening, "We got her lots of stuff, she'll probably stay in her room for the rest of the afternoon to read them."

He kept his position against the door, all long legs and half open shirt, with his hair loose and falling prettily around his face. He looked so gorgeous in casual attire, and it was a nice change to see him so relaxed since he almost always wore sharp and tight-fitting suits for most of the week. His stance was rigid though, he seemed distant, a little uncomfortable, his focus on something else rather than on me.

"Harry, is everything okay?" I asked, repeating myself when he didn't respond, "Harry?"

He seemed to snap out of his daze, iridescent eyes wandering from the empty space to solely fixate on me. He brought his hand to his mouth, pinching his lower lip with his thumb and forefinger, pulling at his skin in anxiousness before making his way over to the couch to sit.