forty two

please please please comment as much as you can. pleeeeease :)

Eve's POV

"As much as I love it when you come around, you should really call me before you do," I huffed when I found Harry on my doorstep, his signature thick coat hanging off his shoulders and a flower printed scarf around his neck.

"Sorry," he said unconvincingly, "Missed you is all. Is anyone home?"

I rolled my eyes at him, he clearly wasn't sorry at all. "No one's here, come in,"

He flashed a charming smile, brushing past me and taking the lead up the stairs, apparently making his way to my bedroom. It still felt a little weird seeing as we were back together, most of the recent time we had spent with each other we had both seemed to be a little distant.

I could tell Harry was still a little reluctant when it came to our terms of affections, many a time he would go in to cuddle up next to me or kiss my cheek or slink his arm around my waist, which then resulted in him furrowing his brows and ceasing whatever he was going to do before he thought I would notice. I noticed, of course, carrying out his discontinued actions to let him know I was okay with it. It was refreshing to see him shy, and it was adorable the way he was so scared to carry out such small gestures.

"How was school?" He asked once we arrived in my bedroom, all his focus on me as he sat down on the edge of my bed.

"It was good, I love Fridays, I have two periods of study so I just go to the library and sleep," I smile, thinking back to the nap I had with Niall and Elise in the quiet study area today, "How was work?"

Harry shook his head in amusement, a look of endearment present in his eyes, "God, you're so weird."

"Hey, don't be mean," I frowned, Harry baring all his teeth as he repeated the same smile he did a few minutes ago.

"I'm not mean," he tried to object, "But work was okay. Everything is still really busy from the rebranding. I did my first interview today which was kind of scary."

"I'm sure it went well," I assured, moving to take a seat next to him on my bed.

"What are you doing tonight?"

I shrugged, resting my head on his shoulder, "Nothing, you?"

"I was thinking of taking my girlfriend out actually," and I could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"Were you now?" I jeered, turning my head to press my lips to his neck. It wasn't hard to feel the uneven breathe that left his throat when my mouth made contact with his skin, and I still found it unbelievable that even after all these months, I still had a chilling effect over him.

"Yes, we're going out on our first date tonight. Now get changed, put on something warm," he spoke confidently, trying to recompose himself once I pulled away.

***

"All set," he grinned, smiling up at me from where he was on his knees, having finished tying the laces of my skates.

Both of us were bundled up in all the warm clothes we had bought, Harry unexpectedly bringing us to an ice rink for our date. I couldn't really imagine Harry skating, he was a little clumsy and sometimes didn't know how to control his endless legs, but the way he looked out onto the ice seemed to make it look like he was confident about the whole ordeal.

"How did you know I love to skate?" I asked curiously, Harry getting up off his knees to sit down next to me.

"I, um, I saw the picture of you and Liam in your room, the one of you guys here. Figured you'd like to come back, you looked like you were having a lot of fun," he smiled, clearly proud of having thought everything out.