four

Eve's POV

I had found myself in Harry's laundry room, having already completed the tasks that needed doing before Harry wanted to see me upstairs. I had made dinner, cleaned the kitchen, and I had just tucked Alice in and said goodnight, leaving the only thing left to do was the washing.

 I was still dreading talking to him, he intimidated me, a lot, the way he initiated everything and dominated most of our conversations, my heart too busy racing and my head too busy spinning to even comprehend the words flowing through his distractingly pink lips whenever he talked to me.

 Since he had kissed me a few hours ago, I could only assume that he wanted to continue whatever we had, but the only thing that was niggling at the back of my mind was why me? Why did he want me? I'm nothing special, I'm just a student, a babysitter, a kid who works 2 jobs because her parents are only going to pay for half of her college fees. I'm not even that pretty, my brown hair nearly always knotted and my bare face tainted by so many imperfections.

 It all baffled me, the reason why he would want me. He was so attractive himself, I've seen the way women react to him, their jaws hang low and they stare and whisper and flirt, I've seen it all too many times. Why wouldn't he want any of them? He was perfectly capable of getting anyone he wanted, male or female for that matter, his looks and charm and his lips able to obtain anything he laid his eyes on, so why me?

 I sighed heavily, picking up the laundry and sorting it in to 2 piles. I don't think Harry ever did his own laundry, the basket always spilling from it's confines whenever I did it every Thursday. But Harry had a lot of clothes, he could probably go a month without doing any washing and still have so many clean clothes left to wear.

 I started with his shirts and pants, aimlessly flinging his shirts that smelled like his cologne into the machine, before digging my hands through the pockets of his trousers to check for anything before they went into the wash. I always found funny things in Harry's trouser pockets, which always made doing the washing so entertaining.

 I had found condoms, handwritten raunchy notes from his female co workers, I even once found a free admission slip to a strip club in central London. I thought he might want it, so I kept it and gave it to him, laughing hysterically when his nostrils flared in anger and his cheeks tinged red with embarrassment, he snatched it from my hand as I clutched my stomach in pain from all the laughing,  growling at me to never speak of the incident again.

 After that, he always made sure to clean his pockets of anything that would make me think any less of him, which wasn't great for me because that meant doing the washing was now less entertaining.

 I climbed the top of the stairs once i had finished the laundry, my feet moving quietly so I would be able to give myself some time to prepare before going into his bedroom. My heart was beating hard against my chest, my pulse being the only thing I could hear in the eerie hallway. I could hear papers rustling from Harry's room, he was probably doing work, even though he said he was tired when he came home, and looked the part, he was never good at controlling himself when it came to his work.

 I stepped in front of his door, gently pushing it open to find him sitting on his bed, his back leaning against the headboard and his legs sprawled out, his eyebrows pulled down in concentration from whatever he was reading and a pair of black, thick-rimmed glasses sat on the bridge of his nose. His head snapped up to me when he heard the door open, a smirk growing on his face.

 "You finished?" he asked, his voice extra raspy for not having  spoken for a while. I nodded back, and he let out a long sigh, like he had been waiting for me to finish this whole time.